It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 50% more points for AARP members is by and large a sham

Message 1 of 10

@nctarheel 

Hello Tarheel 

I live in Youngsville NC 

Do you live in NC? Or just a Tarheel Fan living in another area? 

NC sure has some strong Bball fans My mom was diehard Duke fan while my ex was diehard Carolina fan made for interesting times...I used to tell them both i'd just root for NC State ha ha 

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@Epster wrote:

@nctarheelI was saying shucks, don't you have anything current to complain about? Smiley Happy

I just thought it silly and a waste of pixels. That's all.

Go pick a fight with someone else. I'm not playing. Smiley Happy

Your unsolicited comment earlier of "I FAIL TO SEE HOW POSTING THESE YEAR'S OLD COMPLAINTS HELPS ANYONE", clearly identifies you as the generator of the confrontation.

The "YEAR'S OLD COMPLAINTS", as you call them, still exist today so they are current.

I was certainly not picking a fight with you as my initial comments were made BEFORE you entered the conversation AND, by virtue of that fact, were not directed toward you.

You further reveal your motives for your responses by calling my posts SILLY and a WASTE OF PIXELS.

I have treated you with respect and expect you to treat me in the same manner.

Your latest comments are nothing but the belittlement of my comments, a personal attack.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@nctarheel You missed my point. I was saying shucks, don't you have anything current to complain about? Smiley Happy

And you are incorrect: I was not offended by your post. I just thought it silly and a waste of pixels. That's all. (By now there must be a world wide shortage of pixels, eh? I mean at the rate we humans use them and all.Smiley Happy)

Here's a quote I live by: "The truth can be ugly, and that's what makes it so beautiful. Speak your mind, but don't take this as a chance to lose respect either. Always keep respect. If someone then still claims to be offended, it is not because of you, nor is it your fault. They simply don't like the taste of the bittersweet truth." ― Caitlyn Paige

Go pick a fight with someone else. I'm not playing. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@Epster 

Ditto!  Thanks for your reply 

@Epster wrote:

@AARPTeri FWIW the language in the R4G points available pop-up has always made perfect sense to me and has never been an issue.  Also: big thanks for all the work you do for the online community. You rock! 

@AARPTeri 

Yes Teri you rock and I'm confirming a second to Epster I've never not understood the badges 

Thanks for all you do

@CatGiorgia66 

Hey Cat I have a suggestion way for you to see & verify what your being told. 

If you have another email address that you don't use for R4G you can Log out of your account then click to register with that email then go to quizzes [no membership number be entered not required to register on site] then choose quiz you recently done then you will see the badge will say only 300 points vs 450 which is 300 + 50% more(150) total 450 if member You can check your My Rewards page to verify points your rewarded

Just like being a member gives you an extra Sweepstakes entry when you log in each time 

These are benefits for being a member. 

Yep maybe adding a word could explain but truly it's only letting you know that members get 50% more 

Screenshot_20190213-135538_Chrome.jpg

Believe me I just verified this to be true 

Its a reminder to us that being members has its benefits 

Just as Sweepstakes state members get 1 entry as benefit

Hope this will help and you can confirm that badges are showing points you'll/ members  get just as it states "Earn 450 points by completing this quiz" 

Have a beautiful day! 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Epster wrote:

@nctarheel Listen, the R4G program is not without issue, but I fail to see how posting these years old complaints helps anyone. Do you have anything to say relative to the topic at hand?

@EpsterListen, the R4G Program has a lot of issues.

But that wasn't the point of your post.

If my comment offended you; you could have easily have kept your response to yourself.

You are NOT a Moderator.

And, in actuality, my comment about the R4G Program is true and needed no review by a Moderator.

I find it offensive that you believe that you can tell other posters what they need to post.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@nctarheel Listen, the R4G program is not without issue, but I fail to see how posting these years old complaints helps anyone. Do you have anything to say relative to the topic at hand?

@AARPTeri FWIW the language in the R4G points available pop-up has always made perfect sense to me and has never been an issue.  Also: big thanks for all the work you do for the online community. You rock! 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Thank you, Teri, for the clarification.  I stand by my editorial comment:

"... are all of these notices supposed to say "Non-members earn 300 points, while members earn 450 points"?  Now that would at least be good English and make sense.  However, if you say the quiz earns "450 poiints" and that "AARP members receive 50% more points," then the total deposited to a members account should be 450 + 225."

I'll add that simply putting on the blurb something like what you said, for instance:

"This quiz pays members 450 points and non-members 300 points" would be MUCH clearer than the misleading and redundant "AARP members earn 50% more points" while listing the gross amount.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@CatGiorgia66 

AARP members earn 50% more points for participating in earned activities that are noted the Rewards for Good badge next to quizzes, tools, and more.

The points displayed in the badge is based on your membership status. For example, non AARP members will see 300 points for a quiz, while AARP members will see 450 points for the same quiz. The 50% more is automatically shown and awarded to your account when the activity is completed. Please make sure you membership is linked to your online account so that you automatically receive 50% more points. You can check by visiting the My Account (https://secure.aarp.org/applications/acct/myAccount.action) section of the website to confirm your membership is linked.

If you believe you have earned points that are not appearing in your account balance, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-866-451-6305. A representative will credit your account accordingly.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:

"Remember, AARP members receive 50% more points" is what it says on all quizzes which earn "Rewards for Good."  So, by my reconning, a "450 point" quiz should earn me, a member, 675 points.  Of all the quizzes I've taken, the 50% bonus has been added once! 

Today, I took a 450 points quiz, and my total rewards points increased by 525 points.  Hummmm.  That's an increase over 450 of 16.7%, not 50%.  I wonder, are all of these notices supposed to say "Non-members earn 300 points, while members earn 450 points?"  Now that would at least be good English and make sense.  However, if you say the quiz earns "450 poiints" and that "AARP members receive 50% more points," then the total deposited to a members account should be 450 + 225.  Just sayin'

@CatGiorgia66,

This is not surprising.

I feel that the entire "REWARDS FOR GOOD" program is a scam.

Just checked the restaurants in my locale for which you can SPEND POINTS and get deals.

This is what I found.

Of 216 restaurants, 30 were multiple locations of DOMINOES. An equal amount of PAPA JOHNS and HUNGRY HOWIES were also on the list. That means almost half of the DEALS were for these three chains. It goes without saying that these DEALS can be gotten elsewhere without "SPENDING POINTS".

I have had many instances where the restaurants would not honor the deals. They said they didn't sign up for the promotion.

I even remember one golf course where a DEAL came out NEW in REWARDS FOR GOOD. The golf course had been closed for a year, the owners were in legal trouble, the greens and fairways were just a mass of weeds..... and here is REWARDS FOR GOOD putting out a coupon.

It is a joke.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

50% more points for AARP members is by and large a sham

Message 10 of 10

"Remember, AARP members receive 50% more points" is what it says on all quizzes which earn "Rewards for Good."  So, by my reconning, a "450 point" quiz should earn me, a member, 675 points.  Of all the quizzes I've taken, the 50% bonus has been added once! 

Today, I took a 450 points quiz, and my total rewards points increased by 525 points.  Hummmm.  That's an increase over 450 of 16.7%, not 50%.  I wonder, are all of these notices supposed to say "Non-members earn 300 points, while members earn 450 points?"  Now that would at least be good English and make sense.  However, if you say the quiz earns "450 poiints" and that "AARP members receive 50% more points," then the total deposited to a members account should be 450 + 225.  Just sayin'

Kudos
Views
Replies