Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 3000 Points for Weekly News Quiz

Message 1 of 14

@AARPTeri

Thanks a bunch Teri for your service and providing that info.

I felt sure that was case as I've called him "Comment Bandit"

Have a beautiful week 

: ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

Just to clarify there are no extra points for getting the quiz 100% right - that is just his sense of humor at it!  So you aren't missing something Smiley Happy

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@gm5271 Big grins!

Enjoy your Monday!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@Epster

Thanks for sharing the quote

I copied and printed it out thanks

Yes its covered halfway by "Report Inappropriate content" line maybe because most times I'm on my Note phone vs PC or Tablet 

Thanks for planting seeds...I am happy to be a member of the Epster Johnny appleseed tribe

Smiley Happy 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@gm5271 Well, huh. That's interesting about my sig line getting cut off. 

Here it is in its entirety: "The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

One assumes that the quote is jest a leetle beet long for your device to display. I'll have to remember to tell Dr J to be a titch less wordy. LOL.

And thanks for your kind words. That's exactly what I was looking to do: plant seeds. Smiley Happy

Epster of the Johnny Appleseed tribe Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@Epster

Thanks thanks a bunch! 

I wasn't anyway upset or bothered by it... just curious how works so definitely there's hope in growth on here & that's inspiring for sure. I figured it was kinda automatic THANKS!  Also I've seen and read many posts & conversations you've done.... Earlier this year I read alot of posts in the "Dating after 50 & Life after divorce late in life" Truly was a blessing reading those posts and as a family recovery program I was in many years always said "We're no longer alone" same holds true here its a great comfort to me reading posts about events and experiences of others to know not alone & learn from others contributions...

Thanks for your help and all your contributions to the community I feel most certain you've made a difference in many others lives.... "planted many seeds" I like to call it and what a blessing indeed... for I feel when we can help others by our experiences that is a great gift we can give the world...

Have a blessed Sunday

I'm a pain : ) but will ask another question what does your "signature" say? Can only see part of it and it starts like be an awesome tool/ thought for living Thanks for sharing : )

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@gm5271 wrote:

@Epster

*First that's awesome news you got your points.... .the site sure can have its glitches like any other.... and can be real test of patience at times. 

*Second I updated my post to 

"2Papa" is his correct handle. I went checked news quizzes he had posted 3000 bonus on week b4 last one so I put a reply to his comment about our community conversation asked if he'd come give us a "funny his style" comment and let us know so maybe he'll come?¿¿?

Until I got my 1st 100% I wondered cause for me its hard to not miss one also cause some answers especially in older quizzes are tricky cause things have updated or info/ answers is outdated no longer correct.... anyway I did make 100% & got no bonus so then felt sure it wasn't possible to get one.

*3rd Can you tell me how our conversation name changes? Example: i'm Bronze Conversationalist your Social Butterfly...I used to be other names and notice it changes Is it automatic & based on how much we post? Or something else?  Thanks appreciate your help 

Have a blessed day!  : ) 

@gm5271 Thanks again for your help!

Right, it's 2Papa. He does sometimes post on the forums as well as in the comment section of AARP articles. Those posts (the ones I've seen anyway) are basically oneliners. I'm sure it's all in jest. Smiley Happy

As to the user designations ... oh gosh. There is a formula, and AARP has posted the bare bones version of that, but it basically comes down to user habits. The more you use the site the more grandiloquent becomes your user designation.

Was a time I spent considerable effort here welcoming and helping newbies find their way around, as well as posting what I found to be interesting subjects, et cetera. I'm not around nearly as much these days. So anyway, despite the fact that there are users who have been here many times longer than me, my posting habits rather quickly elevated my (artificial and mostly meaningless) user designation status to Treasured Social Butterfly.

This irked a number of long time users. Whatever.

I say this: knock yourself out, post what and where you like, as often as you like and have a great time chatting with and getting to know others. Besides being a fabulously senior-focused reference 'library', on this site you'll find a ton of great people and a few rotten eggs as well. You'll decide who's who. Smiley Happy And you'll become a Treasured Social Butterfly before you know it. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@k380494p wrote:

@Epster  @gm5271  Thank you for your comments about my question.  I too, thought it was unusual and would not have even asked the question except that I have seen the statement about the 3000 points on another website.  So...when I saw it in the News Quiz comments, I started wondering.

Hey, @k380494p  I wish there were bonus points for getting 100% on these news quizzes. Then maybe I'd actually spend time reading the questions. I've gotten into the (bad, maybe; less informed, for sure) habit of just selecting a random answer without even reading the question. 

Dunno 3,000 points is called for, but I wouldn't turn it down, either. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@Epster  @gm5271  Thank you for your comments about my question.  I too, thought it was unusual and would not have even asked the question except that I have seen the statement about the 3000 points on another website.  So...when I saw it in the News Quiz comments, I started wondering.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@Epster

*First that's awesome news you got your points.... .the site sure can have its glitches like any other.... and can be real test of patience at times. 

*Second I updated my post to 

"2Papa" is his correct handle. I went checked news quizzes he had posted 3000 bonus on week b4 last one so I put a reply to his comment about our community conversation asked if he'd come give us a "funny his style" comment and let us know so maybe he'll come?¿¿?

Until I got my 1st 100% I wondered cause for me its hard to not miss one also cause some answers especially in older quizzes are tricky cause things have updated or info/ answers is outdated no longer correct.... anyway I did make 100% & got no bonus so then felt sure it wasn't possible to get one.

*3rd Can you tell me how our conversation name changes? Example: i'm Bronze Conversationalist your Social Butterfly...I used to be other names and notice it changes Is it automatic & based on how much we post? Or something else?  Thanks appreciate your help 

Have a blessed day!  : ) 

Kudos
Views