Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Meditation, a call for your tips!

Message 11 of 47

Meditation is one of the best practices for health.  It's Harder than it looks pratice make perfect 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 47

I was caregiver for my Dad, Mom and brother for several years until their passing.   Although, I concentrated on their needs which were  overwhelming most times, I found meditating early in the morning proved very helpful and relaxing before starting a challenging day.   Medication and prayer help were useful tools during these difficult times.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 47

There is a walking meditation. The object to come back to is the feet touching the ground. I really like to do it in a park or nature area but it is also good walking to a destination or even down the hall. It is really nice when you are walking a labyrinth.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 47
I wonder if you can meditate while your walking?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 47
Me too
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 47

I meditate twice daily with different techniques: qigong standing meditation (zhan zhuang) in the morning and sitting meditation with religious content in the evening. Standing meditation is good for stabilizing the body and cultivating energy, and a precursor to other qigong practices and tai chi. Sitting meditation is both relaxing and spiritually meaningful.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 47

Try taking CBD oil  in moderation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 47
My Apple Watch has a very simple breathing exercise which is similar to meditation. The watch reminds me throughout the day to stop and breath with a flower opening and closing. It is very soothing and quiets my mind.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Breathing is key

Message 19 of 47

Thank goodness for my Apple Watch that reminds me to consciously breathe and take a few minutes to myself during the day. A quiet time by myself first thing in the morning with deep breaths gets my day started on the right foot!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 47

I list "meditate" as a daily to-do item on my Reminders app.  Once a week, I try to meditate with a "sangha" (meditation group).  Most weeks, we meditatte for about 20 minutes, discuss a "dharma" (reading related to meditation) for about 20 minutes, and then meditate for another 20 minutes.  Having a regular meditation schedule with a group ensures that I really will meditate on those days.

The rest of the week, I try to meditate at least 15 minutes each day, using the free Insight Timer app on my phone to time me or to give me a guided meditation of a specified length.  If I can't find 15 minutes, then I will at least do a five- or ten-minute (usually guided) meditation.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors