Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Meditation, a call for your tips!

Message 1 of 48

These suggestions are ones that I will include in my daily events.  Thank you for things that will help me handle my daily live.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 48

Having the ability to find a quiet place to de-stress is so important to mentally recharge. Thank you for being there for your mom when she needed you most, she was so fortunate to have you <3

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 48

***FIND a space OUTSIDE where you can CLOSE YOUR EYES for at least 5 MINUTES and CONCENTRATE on LISTENING to the BIRDS "talk to each other" WHILE taking SLOW, DEEP BREATHS. {This "mini-vacation" will help you "escape" from any situation and "ground" yourself again.}***
Before my Mom lost her battle with Lung Cancer, I spent 9 months caring for her 24/7. Seven of those months were spent in the hospital together where I would try to take her outside at least once a day so BOTH of us could "DE-STRESS" together. Even though we were surrounded by people & buildings, we could ALWAYS find one little area where we wouldn't be in anyone's way, including behind the hospital by the cafeteria loading dock! Mentally it helped BOTH of us to keep "fighting " the cancer and gave us something to look forward to every day.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 48

This is actually a very Informative program. Explaining in every detail the steps too learn, advance, and nurture.

Plus the way u inform us all how u deal with your stress levels. Great topic of conversation and thank you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 48
Pray pray pray
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 48

I meditate from time to time. I want to be regular with it, but I forget when I get busy with things that need to be done. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 48

If you have an Alexa, you can access meditation programs that offer guided meditations, or just meditative music with a timer.  It's easier to begin with a guide. Or, just try it for one minute. And breathe!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Philly anyone ?

Message 8 of 48

There is a Shambhala Meditation Center at 2030 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA 19103. They are a friendly group. You can check out their calendar, I think you will like it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Philly anyone ?

Message 9 of 48

Looking for someone to practice with in Philly ...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 48

My local library offers a program that allows a person to view free five films a month, the program is called Kanopy. Along with popular entertainment movies they offer The Great Courses, I am watching Masters of Mindfulness. I have only viewed the first three lessons out of the 22 lessons in the series, and they are very interesting. I have meditated for several years, but I am always open to suggestions on how I can improve my practice.

On a side note, my daughter teaches fifth grade and they teach their students mindfulness.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.