Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Week 2: Healthy Eating Contest: Mood Food.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Week 2: Healthy Eating Contest: Mood Food.

Week 2: MOOD FOOD: Include one omega-3-rich food in your diet every day this week, June 8-14, 2020.

Omega-3 fatty acids are important for the structure and function of the nervous system. Deficiencies in omega-3s are connected to cognitive and mood disorders. Include omega-3-rich foods such as mackerel, salmon, herring, oysters, anchovies, flaxseeds, chia seeds and walnuts in your diet every day to give your brain a boost.

Share your experience and a photo here for a chance to win a $100 gift card!

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it!  A few Omega-3-rich anchovies on homemade pizza are great!5028CC94-777A-4933-98ED-58D6C53977F2.jpeg

Contributor

Yummy food that is good for your body

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

looks intersting
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Fresh veggie spring rolls with walnutsFresh veggie spring rolls with walnuts

I made fresh vegetable spring rolls and included walnuts in the filling. They were healthy, crunchy, refreshing, and delicious!

Periodic Contributor

Forgot to take photo but had baked Pollack fish last night , lightly breaded with Italian bread crumbs and dredged in egg wash and topped with Parmesan cheese. Backed 400 oven . Was a little crisp as my husband was late getting home , so good !🐟

I enjoyed this healthy challenge.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I love salmon with different veggies to lift up my mood & the thought of wine ! Salmon with veggies &  the thought of Wine .jpg

Boddy C
Periodic Contributor

I love a nice salmon filet!

15916312557167714829012276832436.jpg

Super Contributor

I always keep a variety of nuts and seeds in the pantry. I buy the ground flax seeds to easily mix them in my foods. I add flaxseed meal to my almond milk, smoothie or plain yogurt. I like to eat my walnuts in salads, with vegetables, and with some cottage cheese in the morning. I usually pair it with sunflowers seeds as well. Chia seeds are also very versatile and can be sprinkled in almost anything. They can also be used in baked goods like whole grain muffins, or used to thicken a dairy free hot chocolate. I even tried a recipe that used chia seeds to make a pudding base by leaving them overnight in the fridge in some almond milk. 

NutsnSeeds.jpg

Periodic Contributor

Walnuts add great flavor and crunch to a saladWalnuts add great flavor and crunch to a saladchia seed, berry yogurtchia seed, berry yogurt

Adding chia seeds to yogurt and substituting almonds with walnuts provided a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids to my diet not only for this week.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Lemon pepper fish broiled with chia seeds in salad dressing on the side.

received_1023777971349506.jpeg

Periodic Contributor

for my Mood Food I enjoy tuna salad with apple, Greek yogurt and some nuts--for dinner my go to is salmon with asparagus and almond sliver's-

Contributor

Sounds Great!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP