Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Hartford Insurance not shipping the promised free gift of a duffel bag

Contributor

Hartford Insurance not shipping the promised free gift of a duffel bag

I have tried many times to get Hartford Insurance to ship me the free gift that was promised for getting an auto quote but haven't been successful in getting them to meet their commitment. This is extremely disappointing. I am being given the runaround by their reps.  

Contributor

The same thing for me as well and Iโ€™m sure for many other AARP members is AARP doing anything about these complaints flowing in? Itโ€™s in bad taste and business to promote and advertise something and then not follow thru with very disappointing.

Jennifer Wiggins

image.jpg

Jennifer C. Wiggins
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi there @JenniferCarol, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding your expenses provided by Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Hartdoed, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œ(StephfanW784785)โ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message

Full name
AARP Membership # (or home address)
Phone # and email address to contact you
Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, I am also concerned about the promotional duffel bag. I had not only gotten a quote from the hartford but even purchased insurance through the promotion and still no duffel bag. Please help as when I call they keep transferring me to my agent and he knows nothing about this or even how to get me to someone who can help. Thanks

Community Concierge

Hi MichaelL76843! The duffle bag takes about 12 weeks to arrive. If it has been more than 12 weeks, please reach out to them directly with this information: www.thehartford.com/aarp or by phone: 800-684-5518. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi there @AshuJ580622, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding your expenses provided by Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Hartdoed, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œ(StephfanW784785)โ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message

Full name
AARP Membership # (or home address)
Phone # and email address to contact you
Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did you get any result?? I ask because I am having the same issue.  I called Hartford and they gave us a quote and signed up with the Hartford.  No duffle bag was offered and when i called back about it, i was given a recording to speak with my agent about issues.  I called the agent and they said to call AARP.  So I called AARP and they said to speak with Hartford. No one is helping here.  Very frustrate because the only reason we called is because of the free bag and now, we've spent the money but still get no bag.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

• Iโ€™m seeing a pattern with Hartford  what it sounds like is fake advertising and incompetent people in Hartford and manage it as well and then AARP is not supporting their customers in directly addressing Hartford about this issue if Hartford isnโ€™t a AARP brand AARP needs to stop promoting them and  take law suit against Hartford, I did not purchase any insurance through Hartford Iโ€™m glad of that As AARP members that pay a membership with AARP them AARP should do their job and  investigate the situation more thoroughly for the members I noticed the responses from AARP  are scripted and perhaps automated,  
  • Jenn.
Jennifer C. Wiggins
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @JenniferCarol, just to be sure, are you having issues with The Hartford? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @LorenaV493135 , here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding AARP Auto & Home insurance provided by The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. To do this, we will need more information. At your convenience, please send me a private message to provide the following:

• AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best email address & telephone number
  • Description of your issue
  • Please mention that you are requesting an Escalation or assistance from AARP regarding this issue.

Contributor

Did not receive my free duffle bag

I'm requesting assistance from AARP

0 Kudos

Same issue here.

Any updates on this topic. Been waiting for a free duffle bag for some time now. Maybe AARP should stop promoting this Company. Their insurance rate are not that good in PA anyway.

Sincerely, Tony S.

Regular Contributor

Hi @AnatolyS8010 , here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding AARP Auto & Home insurance provided by The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. To do this, we will need more information. At your convenience, please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text and provide the following:

- AARP membership number (or home address)

- Best email address & telephone number

- Description of your issue along with your insurance policy number

- Please mention that you are requesting an Escalation or assistance from AARP regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
Contributor

[MOD EDIT - Please do not post private details on the public areas of the community - please use the private messaging function]

The issue is the following:  about 3 weeks ago we got a quote from The Hartford regarding car insurance.  The rates were good so we went ahead and switched coverage.  From that point we have been trying to get back in touch with Hartford regarding the free duffle bag but it ends up having the circle of madness listed in my original message.  

All we want is the promised bag.

I am requesting an ESCALATION on this matter since I cannot speak with anyone who will help.

Thank you

Bronze Conversationalist

I wanted the metal wallet, but they no longer offered that, only the trunk organizer & a duffel bag, nether I have use for. ๐Ÿ˜ž

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi@Tempest332! Sorry to hear that they didn't have this available at the time. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding AARP Auto & Home Insurance provided by The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with your AARP The Hartford, please give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP