Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Do you wish your community was more livable, beautiful, vibrant, fun, safe, connected?

Message 1 of 5

Absolutely! We have a drug dealer next door to us that has been selling drugs to our son for over 2 years. There are a lot of druggies in this neighborhood that are all addicted to opioids and meth, robbing houses, entering vacant houses. You name it we probably have it. I will be so happy to be out of this area because my wife and I have saved enough money to finally buy our own home after losing ours about 6 years ago (thank you housing fallout). At 55 and 53 we are ready for a nice quiet life to get gardening more and spending long nights out on the back patio just talking. I am hoping to get my second wind and start my dog treat business that I have been working on for the past 3 years to get ready and to have neighbors I can actually count on. Miss having those.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Re: Do you wish your community was more livable, beautiful, vibrant, fun, safe, connected?

Message 2 of 5

Yes ,the only thing it has to offer those of us with silver hair is a church that will help with meds for those with no insurance.Now if there was a program or someone that would help those with fixing up our houses here that are on a limited budget. This is a major problem here for most of the houses here are over 50 years old and a lot of contractors willing to take advantage of you.

Highlighted

Message 3 of 5

Yes I hope more work was done

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 4 of 5

I live on the same street in the same house since I was 16.  I was drafted out of my house, got married out of it and now I'm back.  With absent periods here and there, I don't think there is a thing I'd change. At my current 74, I hope I have a minimum of least 6 years left.  Barring bad stuff, I'm hoping for the best.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you wish your community was more livable, beautiful, vibrant, fun, safe, connected?

Message 5 of 5

Do you wish your community was more livable, beautiful, vibrant, fun, safe, connected? Small community projects have the power to spark big changes.

Tell us what your community is doing to make it more livable and share a picture here to inspire others to take action. You can also find tips and resources to get started with AARP Livable Communities.

There are some really creative Free Libraries happening like these:

freelibraryimage1.jpg

Have you seen any kindness rocks pop up in your neighborhood? Paint rocks with cheery designs and messages and leave them around your community to brighten someone’s day!

kindnessrocks.jpg

Do you have any of these cool things happening in your neighborhood?  Have ideas of your own?  Share them here!

AARPTeri
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors