Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Never Thought I Would Say This

I never thought I would say this but, PLEASE bring back the old web site.  The old site's performance and reliability were abysmal.  This new site is less than abysmal if that is possible.  The video's state they will give you 200 points and either NO points are awarded upon completion or some less points are awarded.  I have not found one reliable thing on this new site.  It appease to me that no load testing was done for any of the videos prior to rollout.  If a database is used in the background to award and track points, this is not functioning.  We waited months for the vaunted, coming soon, AARP Rewards.  My take, failure.  Please hire some IT folks that know what they are doing and PLEASE get rid of that AARP Real Possibilites bar near the top of the screen.  That in conjunction with the ad that is above it makes my screen jump around like a jumping bean.  I think that's enough for now.

Periodic Contributor

Absolutely agree, time consuming, not user friendly, too many videos not awarding points, and reward choices are ridiculously stupid & worthless. Bring back the old site even though I had no chance to win anything at least it was worth trying!

Periodic Contributor

I also Do Not Like this new Rewards program...Will probably not be here much...if at all.  Why does everything change for the Worst!!  I had bad feelings about this new Rewards program and they are justified.  Thanks for Nothing AARP!!  Can we go back to the old program?

Regular Contributor

No, there is never any going back to the old program.  I agree. Everytime some site is going to be changed, they tout it as going to be better or "improved", and almost always they get WORSE!  They take away benefits people are used to.  AARP always puts a real positive spin on everything!

Right now, the rewards are almost nothing. At the end of the old program, there were lots of gift cards to chose from, and i wish I had more points.  Now, it doesnt really matter, because there are no rewards that interest me.  Is it that the companies themselves don't want us to have the discounts, or is AARP not letting us have them for some other reason?

No point in me even coming here if there are no cruise discount cards at 10% off, or i can't get at least 10% off on a restaurant I like.

AARP Rewards, if you don't make this program better, or at least how it was, you will lose lots of us!!

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a technical problem(yet) with the new web site although I liked the layout of the old site better.  I don't like the rewards in the new program.  There are very few points only rewards and actually very few rewards that I even like.  The discounts on the gify cards are negligible.  I also preferred the sweepstakes for small rewards like DD, Macy's, Barnes and Noble  etc. which are no longer there.  I guess it is what it is but I'm not impressed.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rogert351685 

Roger I was able to watch several videos on my desktop until I got to the last one on the Discover page, "4 Ways to Save 50 Bucks".  Watched it 3 times and awarded no points.  I had to use my tablet to watch it and got the points.  There are problems with the Videos.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am having problems with the videos also.  They load and start to play, but then they stop after a few seconds.  They start up after 6-8 more seconds.   After a few starts the video jumps to the end and sometimes gives me points, sometimes not. I emailed AARP and complained.  My reply stated to contact them by phone.  I called Customer Service and was told "they would report it."  I have started to ignore all videos and just try the written quizzes.  Right now I am just acumulating points because there is really nothing worth buying. I am hoping it gets better and they are just "working out the bugs."

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @pd25661280 

There shouldn't be any bugs to work out, why release something that's not ready.  It's not like a Rewards program is a first time experience for AARP.  They have (5) years experience with the R4G program.

Just my opinion.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP