Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

• sj45011977
    My father is 87 years old... he started raising 6 of his 12 brothers and sisters when he was 16 years old. He raised 6 of his own with our mother. Through his life he worked as a farm hand, as a butcher for a local pork plant and as a grounds keeper at a nursing home. Along the way he put two kids threw college, helped raised a grandaughter, two great grandchildren, and is helping my mother care for a great great grandchild. He still raises a garden, mowers his own lawn and does the dishes for my mom. He never asked for help, we have to sneak and do it. His heath gets him down for a minute but he's doesn't let it restrain him. He has out lived all his siblings but two, and most of his friends....he always says why does God take all the young people and leave me here? I say, because God has you here for us....your family....he and my mother have been married 65 years...my father Frank is a mentor and hero for many and we love him to infinity....that's what the kids alway tell him...
  • sj45011977
    My father is 87 years old... he started raising 6 of his 12 brothers and sisters when he was 16 years old. He raised 6 of his own with our mother. Through his life he worked as a farm hand, as a butcher for a local pork plant and as a grounds keeper at a nursing home. Along the way he put two kids threw college, helped raised a grandaughter, two great grandchildren, and is helping my mother care for a great great grandchild. He still raises a garden, mowers his own lawn and does the dishes for my mom. He never asked for help, we have to sneak and do it. His heath gets him down for a minute but he's doesn't let it restrain him. He has out lived all his siblings but two, and most of his friends....he always says why does God take all the young people and leave me here? I say, because God has you here for us....your family....he and my mother have been married 65 years...my father Frank is a mentor and hero for many and we love him to infinity....that's what the kids alway tell him...
    0 Kudos