My mom had a twelve year old daughter and a two and a half year old daughter! He took us on! He has been there for us for the past 47 years through all the good and the bad, the ups and downs! Has it always been easy? Of course not!! But he has been there for me as I went through the "who's my daddy?" crisis-because by biological father was still alive until I was 21- when I went from calling him "Dad" to calling him "Milt". After 38 years I guess it has become a habit, but it does not get in the way of our relationship now at all!  We are really close now.

My mom died nearly nine years ago, but it didn't change our relationship, he was still there for me and my son.  Now when he has a new joke -you know, one not appropriate for those under 18😂-he calls to tell me, because he knows that my younger sister doesn't like those kind of jokes!! That's the kind of close relationship we've had.  In one way, I'm more like him than his own biological daughter!!!

So it doesn't matter that he is not my biological father, all that matters is that he's my Dad and I Love Him!

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service