My father is Leroy Walter Hansen of Walla Walla WA.  Everyone who knows him remarks about how nice a man he is.  When I was born my father had just graduated from high school and a child wasn't in his immediate plans.  Still he did the right thing.  He married his girlfriend, my mother, and he went to work at a filling station (as they used to call them).  He know being a gas jockey couldn't pay the bills or give him the way of life he wanted for his family so he began studying to become a liscensed optical despenser.  He left behind the grease monkey job for good and worked in his chosen field for over 45 years.  He was over 70 years old when he recently retired.  Every person who he had for patients loved him.   My father is the kind of person who will do anything for anyone who needed help.  As a testimonial to how great a man he is my sons consider him almost a best friend.  I have 3 grown sons and an 11 year old.   My father shaped me by showing me responsibility, compassion and a fair but firm discipline.  My boys are great young men and the comments I hear about them are comments that I've heard about their grandfather.   My father worked over 60 years of his life and always gave his best at work, at home and in the community.   My father, Leroy Walter Hansen, deserves a break.

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service