my wife passed away from cancer 4 months ago today. We were married 43 years. I hope to live my life in 2015 in a way that would honor her and keep our memories.

I also retired last month after working for 43 years. I hope to live my life in 2015 with many new and exciting adventures. Just wish I had my life long mate to go with me.

Larry

0 Kudos
Comments

I am so sorry about your wife, but your resolve to carry on your life with new things is the right one.On the first trip I took after my husband's death,I spent a lot of time in wistful tears, wishing he was there to share it with me. But I eventually realized that he would want me to enjoy the trip, not spend it in sadness. I have since been on other trips with my children and grand-children and learned to just enjoy the moment.

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.