Yesterday my close friend,Marcia had full knee surgery. A week ago,I told her&hubby Dave I would like to come&sit with him in the waiting room,keep him company until Marcia was in her private room,they profusely thanked me. I knew what the routine would be because 11 yrs ago, I had partial knee surgery. In my situation,my co-workers took care of me {I used to work in a hosptial}.

Marcia&Dave&their sons are my 'extended family members' since my siblings live out of town. The past couple of yrs, Marcia&Dave have done so much for me,this is my way of giving back. Sue

Comments

This year,

Spoiler
Heart

I want to promise my self get more active, and eating healthty also I want to help some of the people I know by invite them to exercise and pass healthty ideas, sometimes , people needs someone to encourage and to work as a team, together

@doglover52 wrote:

Yesterday my close friend,Marcia had full knee surgery. A week ago,I told her&hubby Dave I would like to come&sit with him in the waiting room,keep him company until Marcia was in her private room,they profusely thanked me. I knew what the routine would be because 11 yrs ago, I had partial knee surgery. In my situation,my co-workers took care of me {I used to work in a hosptial}.

Marcia&Dave&their sons are my 'extended family members' since my siblings live out of town. The past couple of yrs, Marcia&Dave have done so much for me,this is my way of giving back. Sue

Hi Sue,

I think that was a real nice deal to help your friend, Marcia.  It would really be nice if more people did things like that.

Not to change the subject, but I have no one to do things like that for me.  I recently was sick for about 3 weeks and my cat Blaze stayed real close to me. Unfortantly, he is now sick with Diabetes and I don't have the needed money for vet care. We are trying to manage with diet food, but even that is much more expensive than I paid before and I have to go back to the vet for checkups and need $55 each time.  If any one would care to help, I have a paypal account or you can ask anything about me.

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.