Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

• LadyLew42

Continue to foster adult cats needing TLC, socialization, and trust renewal via local animal shelter.

• jakevon70
    My New Year's Resolution is to start a support group for those who have lost someone to suicide and need to grieve and share their experiences. My Mother took her life due to major depression 18 years ago, so I have first hand knowledge of this devastating tragedy. This would benefit my town and surrounding areas.
  • yw6252

I am going back to college to become a nurse, a dream I have had for years.

I would like to go to third world countries and help mothers deliver their babies.

The mortality rate is very high, and every mother deserves the right to deliver a healthy baby.

0 Kudos
  • ch8723

To volunteer this year to service others.

0 Kudos
  • ep68519745

The job market is low, and the cost of living is high. Many families are struggling to make ends meet. This year I volunteered at my church to feed the homeless, and low income families once a week at the school auditorium. 

0 Kudos
  • lb46598940

Several years ago I stopped making resolutions because they rarely last very long. LOL! However, I was raised old school, drilled into my head that 'your word is your bond' & if you make a promise you keep it.

So this year's promises are:

1. Get closer to God & back to studying my Bible daily & reading my daily Devotionals. Stop feeling sorry for myself.

2. Get my many health issues resolved now that I have Medical & can go to the doctor. I'm tired of being sick almost every day. Especially dealing with major depression & PTSD so I can 'crawl' out of the 'hole' that I have been in, not wanting to do anything or even talk to anyone. I feel I have nothing to offer. The main benefit is so I can do more for others.

3. Work on repairing many family relationships have been damaged.

4. Be a better friend to my best friend & others in my life.

5. Continue to Pray for others, even those I don't know like the stories I have read here, I know God knows 'who' I'm praying for even without a name. Praying for others is uplifting & healing for your own soul!

6. Get more active & get back to volunteering in my community.

May God Bless Everyone for sharing!

Lori

0 Kudos
  • ep6231516

I have been in alot of pain for many years and grieved leaving my chosen profession.

This year I plan to start a non-profit to help children/babies who their parents cant afford to bury them at their early end of life, for what ever reason. I want to channel my energy into helping parents make the transition without their children as less difficult as possible.

0 Kudos
  • ep6231516

I have been in alot of pain for many years and grieved leaving my chosen profession.

This year I plan to start a non-profit to help children/babies who their parents cant afford to bury them at their early end of life, for what ever reason. I want to channel my energy into helping parents make the transition without their children as less difficult as possible.

0 Kudos
  • mm52139011

I run Dachshund Rescue NW in our home since 1991 and over 1100 homeless wieners and mixes placed since then.  We have now placed over 120 dogs each year in the last three years.  I hope to break our best record of 126 placed in one year.  We turn away 15+ homeless dogs a week now and we do our best to retrain and rehome them all each year.  I hope to work harder and help more doggies and families in 2015.

Please find our dog rescue on Facebook for fun updates, daily photos and humor and more free training tips for dog folks.  

This dog fetish has been a volunteer postion for my husband and I since I started the rescue in 1991.  We do this life sucking dog rescue for fun and because we are good at retraining dogs the animal shelters just can't help and would have to put down for being unadoptable.Some dogs playing at the rescue

0 Kudos
  • kklauber

I have resolved to be kinder to myself.  To stop, look and take in all that life has to offer.  My other goals are listed with steps to get there and places to go if stuck or needing inspiration.  My lists include adding more places to volunteer.  -- Now, not to lose the lists!  Happy New Year to all.

0 Kudos
  • granzowl

Instead of just sporadic volunteer time at a local food bank and a non-profit art gallery, I will strive to commit to regular hours and think of my volunteering as a part-time job.  I know the extra time devoted to good causes and to others' needs will benefit both them and me.  It's important to pay my good fortune and better luck forward!

0 Kudos
  • SallyTF
    This is the year that I will explore the options open to 'boomers' in the Peace Corps. This was an after college plan, but 'life got in the way'. No regrets...had more than one career, raised three sons who continue to make me smile, was there for my parents as they 'transitioned', and still think about serving in the Peace Corps. There is no guarantee that they will accept me, but there is only one way to find out.
    0 Kudos
  • as5779

I would like to get involved in volunteer opportunities, for example at my church or the United Way...

0 Kudos
  • acalnan
    Even though I work at a middle school, I want to find a volunteer project to help others who could use a hand.
    0 Kudos
  • williamsm5989

I will volunteer for programs that help the elderly and indigent.  I have always been a giver of my time and my finances.  I do not have much to give in finances, but I am praying for a promotion on my job so that I will be blessed in the area of financial giving.

0 Kudos
  • fancher1201

I plan to try and do a least one good deed a day.... all year.

0 Kudos
  • elecbanker

I have been volunteering with Junior Achievement over the past 14 years by going into intercity schools and bringing programs such as Personal Finance, Entrepreneurship, Ethics... to K-12th grades.  I just signed up with an organization called Nepris (non-profit) and I help schools and their students by lecturing on the topic of Technology Careers via virtual sessions across the US.  And finally, I am bringing AARP's  "Finances +50" program to RI and plan to host one a month at libraries, churches and senior centers.  

0 Kudos