Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

• SCRIPT

THIS YEAR I WILL PRAY THAT THE CHURCH WILL WAKE UP AND PRAY FOR THIS COUNTRY AND READ THE GUIDE BOOK THE BIBLE. WE USED TO GLORIFY GOD AS A COUNTRY.  WE HAVE TURNED OUR BACKS ON THE VERY ONE WHO PROTECTED AND HELPED THIS COUNTRY TO BE GREAT. JOHN 3:16

• fancher1201

I will strive to become closer to my maker. I will speak less and listen more to His Word.

• lovies

I want to put myself on top of the list this year to take care of myself.  I want to get fit for once and for all -- eating healthfully and exercising regularly.  I also want to read good books, work toward getting that long-lost college degree, and be kind and caring and serving to those around me.  I know this will be a terrific year!

0 Kudos
  • Cappy714

I decided, having three grandchildren, that I would stop cursing in 2015. Not just in front of them, but altoghter. The main one is taking The Lord's Name in vain, but also, the F-Bomb. My son throws it around as part of his language, even in front of his son and my other two grandchildren. I keep reminding him, but so far it hasn't helped.

0 Kudos
  • marylea30

What if all we have left tomorrow is what we thank GOD for today??

0 Kudos
  • fancher1201

I will strive to read and study a chapter a day of our holy Bible.

0 Kudos
  • lb46598940

Several years ago I stopped making resolutions because they rarely last very long. LOL! However, I was raised old school, drilled into my head that 'your word is your bond' & if you make a promise you keep it.

So this year's promises are:

1. Get closer to God & back to studying my Bible daily & reading my daily Devotionals. Stop feeling sorry for myself.

2. Get my many health issues resolved now that I have Medical & can go to the doctor. I'm tired of being sick almost every day. Especially dealing with major depression & PTSD so I can 'crawl' out of the 'hole' that I have been in, not wanting to do anything or even talk to anyone. I feel I have nothing to offer. The main benefit is so I can do more for others.

3. Work on repairing many family relationships have been damaged.

4. Be a better friend to my best friend & others in my life.

5. Continue to Pray for others, even those I don't know like the stories I have read here, I know God knows 'who' I'm praying for even without a name. Praying for others is uplifting & healing for your own soul!

6. Get more active & get back to volunteering in my community.

May God Bless Everyone for sharing!

Lori

0 Kudos
  • hardimancheryl

to read the bible more.to keep praying for our leaders present, future and keep praying for my family.

0 Kudos
  • jebooker50

Keep God first in my family and mines life and continue a road to mental and physical fitness.

0 Kudos
  • dorseyharbor

What my plan is for the year is to study the bible more, and working out and losing at least 15 lbs.

0 Kudos
  • jn7102

This might be through prayer, meditation, reading a spiritual book or reading the gosh darn Bible.  Why?  Because I notice I'm a more loving (kind, compassionate, patient, etc.) when I start my day this way.  Imagine, what 365 days in a row could do for me?!

0 Kudos
  • fifadiaz

Attend church more often, healthy eating, and exercise.

0 Kudos
  • jebarce

Too meditate daily

0 Kudos
  • reddress7

This year I will take care of me first.

0 Kudos
  • lisacg47

I have purposed in my heart to read the word/HOLY BIBLE in its entirety.  There is a certain amount of time I have to put in each day if not each week.  God has given me a tool to complete this each week.  Doing this will be like pouring more soap and water into the bath which, is used to cleanse, freshen and moisturize that which has dried up over the past, almost 40 years.  It has been proven that every word that I spiritually eat will perform the changes that are needed and strengthen where needed and provide whatever is lacking in this battle called LIFE.  I'm in it to win it, for myself and to be of help to God's People.  

0 Kudos
  • wm5778

My resolution this year is to find a place of my own,find a part-time job,and to serve the Lord as best as i can,im 66yrs old,i want to spend the rest of my life being as helpful and positive as i can.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
  • as5779

My resolution this year is to find and begin classes to start a new career.  Over 50 and getting rheumatoid, I have changes to make.  I am going to find an associates of other degree and begin  a new path when classes are over

0 Kudos
  • ab10014949

The last thing I ever expected life to bring my way was an illness so huge that it would thrust me in to needing a caregiver. It was because of God’s ever-present strength that I was able to withstand what laid ahead and do what had to be done, because this man hasn’t a Hercules bone in his body. It is about sacrifices made, learning the illness inside out, standing strong in your faith, knowing the physical limitations of all involved, researching prior to a doctor’s visit in order to have somewhat of an idea what they were talking about. Being willing to put your life on hold when your care is needed twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. So I want to write the book not about myself but about my wife and care giver letting her voice speak to my heart that I can share the unconditional love that is a life that is abundant.

0 Kudos