Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

• kk36911913

Hi,

I'm Karen and I stay home. For 2015, I will get out of my house and do things....... I am going to my Niece's Wedding Feb. 6,2015.

Thank you,Karen Smiley Happy

• bj5

call my children more often

• pw84573411

AS AN ONLY CHILD I BELEIVED I WAS TOO DEPENDANT EMOTIONALY ON HER.  I KEPT TRYING TO BREAK AWAY. SHE WAS SO NEEDY..  BUT, SHE STILL SPOILED ME ROTTEN. I WAS NOT A GOOD GIRL   AFTER BEING ON THIS PLANET FOR 61 YEARS OLD, HAVING 2 DAUGHTERS, 5 GRANDS. AND 2 DIVORCES.  JUST AS IN MY BEGINNING ITS STILL JUST MY MOM AND I.  IN MANY WAYS ARE RALES ARE REVERSED.  ITS TIME FOR ME TO SPOIL HER.  I WANT TO LOVE AND CARE FOR AS SHE DID FOR.  SHE OFTEN LIKE A CHILD NOW. SHE IS A 83 YEARS.OLD LITTLE GIRL.  I'M GRATEFUL WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE.   . 

0 Kudos
  • caestill98

I want to put my family and friends on top of the most important things in life to being happy because time with them is valuable and can't be replaced. 

0 Kudos
  • grill

Since I have recently retired, I find my brain getting lazy. So, this year I plan to improve my memory by memorizing a shuffled deck of cards at least once a week. I will read one new novel a week and make an effort to remember the name of each person I meet. In order to make my mind work, I need to keep my body in shape too, I have already started daily workout routine.  I can do this. ! !

0 Kudos
  • lovies

I want to put myself on top of the list this year to take care of myself.  I want to get fit for once and for all -- eating healthfully and exercising regularly.  I also want to read good books, work toward getting that long-lost college degree, and be kind and caring and serving to those around me.  I know this will be a terrific year!

0 Kudos
  • jg96722673

I endeavor to try understanding and answering the kids questions where they understand the answer if I know the answer and try to explain why the answer I gave is the answer. Their young minds are like a sponge and the question may appear to be foolish to you but to them its the most important thing in the world at that moment. That's very important to remember. 

0 Kudos
  • pb62213818

Woman HappyJust try to be a better person than I was last year all round  and very month doing it month by month and week by week as well as day by day .

0 Kudos
  • gr8one369

this year when my granddaughter ( liberty, age6 ) is visiting, i will not leave to go on work calls. she asked if she could go with me and it broke my heart when i had to tell her she couldn't. this year i stay with her

0 Kudos
  • bm97008598
    I have been frustrated with my husband for not having energy. We found out two weeks ago that he has COPD. My resolution is to help him through this very difficult time and add to the 52 years we have been married.
    0 Kudos
  • slinkner11

2015 is the year of ME! In the past, I have alwlays put the needs of my family first--like many women, I felt like it was my job to make sure my husband and kids were taken care of before I addressed my own needs. Not this year! This year is the year of ME and I intend to put myself first. That means, I'll be prioritizing my health and needs before everyone elses. I believe this will help me, and also my family because if I take care of myself, I will be taking care of them and every thing else that needs it.

0 Kudos
  • rs358755

My 2015 New Years Resolution is to once a month on a Saturday or Sunday go for a drive to a new place in Florida and explore it. I plan on inviting my children and grand-children so I can spend more quality time with my family. I have trageted State and National Parks as well a the Botanical Gardens to enhance my mental well-being and maintanin a healthy pysichal well-being. In these travels I am eager to meet new people and make new friends.

0 Kudos
  • Mydestiny77
    Relish every moment I am with my family because with the blink of an eye, there can be a moment not taken, that will be gone forever.
    0 Kudos
  • dw55241380

Hi, my name is Dorothy,  I have been trying to live healthier by eating better and walking at least 1/2 hour daily, even I don't feel like it with my achy knees at first, I still went! My grandchildren have been accompanying me on my walks, which  helped to keep me going by making these walks very enjoyable! And I must say its been getting easier every day!! And an added plus my grandchildren are learning a little about nature we see along the way.

0 Kudos
  • 145StreetJam

This year I will (honestly) cut the cord and treat my children as my best friends, instead of my children.  At ages 22 and 24, they are wonderful young adults whose parents raised them with strong morals.  I must respect them as adults who have their own ways of doing things, stop being an attorney mother, must stop constantly advocating for them, and learn to just listen. Should they ask for advice, I'm always there to give it.

0 Kudos
  • km85517247

My family loves to have a huge bonfire and tell ghost stories in the dark. when my sons were younger I would throw stones in the woods when they were not looking to put a little scare in them, until they caught me. Those were very fun times and we all tell made up ghost and other scary stories now,

0 Kudos
  • mraewms

My New Year's resolution for 2015 is pretty simple. I plan to rededicate myself to my family. I plan to be more responsive to my wife's feelings. I plan to spend more time letting my wife know that I still love her by holding hands more often, sitting together on the couch instead of in my favorite chair. I plan to spend more time with my son as well. I will be telling them both that I love them more often.

0 Kudos
  • lb46598940

Several years ago I stopped making resolutions because they rarely last very long. LOL! However, I was raised old school, drilled into my head that 'your word is your bond' & if you make a promise you keep it.

So this year's promises are:

1. Get closer to God & back to studying my Bible daily & reading my daily Devotionals. Stop feeling sorry for myself.

2. Get my many health issues resolved now that I have Medical & can go to the doctor. I'm tired of being sick almost every day. Especially dealing with major depression & PTSD so I can 'crawl' out of the 'hole' that I have been in, not wanting to do anything or even talk to anyone. I feel I have nothing to offer. The main benefit is so I can do more for others.

3. Work on repairing many family relationships have been damaged.

4. Be a better friend to my best friend & others in my life.

5. Continue to Pray for others, even those I don't know like the stories I have read here, I know God knows 'who' I'm praying for even without a name. Praying for others is uplifting & healing for your own soul!

6. Get more active & get back to volunteering in my community.

May God Bless Everyone for sharing!

Lori

0 Kudos
  • 98Elijah

My daughter and grandsons live in England so I want to make time to go see them in Ehgland while I am still able to travel to see them.  She is my only daughter and my two grandsons who are 6 and 3 years old are my reason for living.  They are my life.

0 Kudos
  • js35466190

My best resolution (and one I always keep) is to go to one new place a month. As someone who has been to over 100 countries and every continent, it's harder to find places I haven't been. Smiley Happy

Traveling helps me grow and I come back home with "new" eyes. I also make a list of everything I want to do in my hometown (current base) and when I'm not sure what to do, I pull one out. There are so many free or low-cost things to do, why not take advantage of them all?

I also make a stranger laugh ... every day. That spreads joy. The world (and I) need more of that.

Enjoy your new year -- may it be your very best yet!!!!!

0 Kudos