Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

• tn4474

1999  I made a promise to GOD, my Children and myself i would stop drinking!  IT was a rough battle that my children can attest to, if it wasn't for all theire support i would not STILL be SOBER that was and still is my NEW YEAR RESOLUTION FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY children have a new mom and i got a new life

TINA

• ea470714

I am newly retired and in 2015 my New Year's resolution is to write my book!

• ASTRAEA

Over the years, I've developed a sizeable list of charities which I support. Although I donate a significant amount, I'm trying to weed out the ones I've continued to support more out of guilt, than out of passion. I've started the new year by eliminating about a dozen charities from my list, with the goal of reducing another dozen this year, so I can increase my individual contributions to each of the ones remaining.

Astraea

• mightyheidi

As a caregiver, I will try to be more patient and understanding.  

• cd73769427

After attempting several times to quit smoking (44 years), I am 10 days smoke free and really don't even miss it.  In fact, after the last attempt and subsequent failure, my self-esteem plummeted because I internalized the failure.  It became such an unconcious habit to stop and buy two packs ever three days to last a week (I had cut down from a pack a day from all the other attempts) and I challenged myself to follow through this time. 

Watching my mother and my sister die from COPD and emphysema didn't make me quit, but having my first grandchild two years ago has given me more incentive because I want to see him graduate high school and college.  He is the apple of my eye and I will do whatever is necessary to avoid negatively influencing his health.

After this is conquered, my intention is to socialize more and work on weight loss/exercise.  At 58, it is time for a change and this is my year of abundance!

• tderosa65

This is the year I turn 50. So,  my resolution is to make a change. I am going to be happy, as a conscience choice. I am going to help those who are less fortunate than me. 2015 is going to be the year that I beat all my mental issues and rise above the ugliness.  I am going to make this the year that I will be all I can be, and spread the message that we ALL are in this together, so LOVE EACH OTHER!  2015 is going to be the year we all come together and make a difference.Smiley Wink

Spoiler

• lh5332336

My New Year's Resolution is to spend a lot less time on the computer, especially FaceBook, and spend all that extra time doing creative things around the house and building better relationships!

• lm9718

Im going to try to be a little more care free this year.  Last year was to stressful....

• Congratulations to our three lucky winners.

2015 Resolution: Be a Good Neighbor to the Elderly by TheaHayes on ‎01-09-2015 02:54 PM

I need to spend more time with my elderly neighbors; some of them are very lonely and fragile, and I notice when I walk in the neighborhood that their age is "catching up with them."  Stopping by more often, checking on them directly or by phone, or bringing things by to brighten their day is what I'm thinking about doing, and I've started already! 

link:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/2015-New-Year-s-Resolution/2015-Resolution-Be-a-Good-Neighbor-to-the-El...

2015 My Memory boot camp and physical health work out by grill on ‎01-25-2015 07:26 PM

Since I have recently retired, I find my brain getting lazy. So, this year I plan to improve my memory by memorizing a shuffled deck of cards at least once a week. I will read one new novel a week and make an effort to remember the name of each person I meet. In order to make my mind work, I need to keep my body in shape too, I have already started daily workout routine.  I can do this. ! !

link:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/2015-New-Year-s-Resolution/2015-My-Memory-boot-camp-and-physical-health...

New (You) Year Resolution by rhemaword on ‎01-07-2015 11:08 AM

My New Years Resolution is to get my Mind, Heart, and Mouth in order. In our Minds we think it, then in our Hearts we feel it, and from our Mouths we speak it. I want to have a clean Mind, and Heart, so that nothing but good, come from my Mouth this year. I am a work in progress, but to strive for what you believe in is a first, healthy, and best step.

link:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/2015-New-Year-s-Resolution/New-You-Year-Resolution/cns-p/1514911

• ASTRAEA

One of my New Year's Resolutions for 2015, is to just ignore as much of the resentful whining posted in Online Community, as possible. These people - who think the only way THEY can be happy, is for everyone else to be equally miserable - have nothing good to say about anything. They must feel powerless .. except for their snarky postings here.

I wonder what the methodology is for picking winners of this contest, since half of the "entries" just say "winner" & don't have a resolution at all!

0 Kudos
  • southernmiss14

My resolution for the coming year is to try my best to always do the right thing.  And to always make choices that reflect doing the right thing.

0 Kudos
  • paprika21

My resolution for at least this year would be to stop looking for "the grass is greener on the other side", when I need to appreciate what I have in the now. 

0 Kudos
  • idosew

make it and do it

0 Kudos
  • yotni
    Something we all need and should use regularly. Times have changed but not sympathy, kindness, and the need for love. You are the person who can change the world.
    0 Kudos
  • bm4366

Time is short get the dream fullfilled

0 Kudos
  • granzowl

I will not click on any links of which I am uncertain, and will always keep my computer security software suite updated.  I will also run a complete scan of my computer weekly.

0 Kudos
  • bm4366

sew even more

0 Kudos
  • critkaren
    I am going to use my planner better! I am working on a new system using a Midori Travelors journal (so flexible) for:<br>1. Keeping all my pertinent info close to hand ie addresses, birth dates, important anniversaries etc<br>2. Brain Dumps - I am an artist and having my mind be free of everyday stuff will be a blessing - but I will have to work on making it a point to dump, do, defer, delegate or drop each week or more often as need arises<br>3. Plain old scheduling - if I don't write it down in the midorI - I will likely forget to go, forget to take/make or do something that I need or get lost before I even get there<br>4. Keeping track of stuff and things - if you write it down and then keep track with a coding system it doesn't get lost from week to week - so easy to do with the midori<br>5. Archiving - I can archive and index the brain dumps and other info that ends up in these mini books<br><br>The goal is to stick with this for at least 12 weeks, making changes in the system as needed, long enough for,it to become a HABIT and missable if I don't do it
    0 Kudos
  • Ocean1623

Making a difference whenever possible. Be it in touching the lives around me or being a voice for a cause or issue that promotes positive change or outcome, whether nationally or globally. This is what I plan to focus on for 2015. A year that I hope to be a conduit of a "can do it" spirit.

0 Kudos
  • dlskrft

live life ta the max each and every day at my age enjoy each day take care of bussiness bills and wake up knowing it will be a nether GREAT DAY TA BE ALIVE.

0 Kudos