they call me nyx.  i've always had a yo-yo weight problem and have been slim and fat all my life.  at this time of my life i am fat again (sigh).  my problem is that i have a bad back.  i've had decompression surgery about 5 years ago and now it's acting up again.  the back problem results in my 'walking funny' or 'crooked'.  now it's affecting my right hip and my left knee.  i think i am a candidate for another spinal surgery but am trying to forego it as it will now involve pins and fusion.  i am going to live through the pain until i cannot stand it.  however, it does affect the types of exercises i can do.  i love to walk and have walked 8 miles daily on weekends and 3 - 5 miles weekdays.  now it hurts to walk down the street.  anyway, today is the first day of my journey.  i have given myself 8 weeks to see what i can do and if i can possibly lose any of this weight.  any helpful comments or ideas will be appreciated, and thanks for allowing me to rant  Cat Happy

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.