The last thing I ever expected life to bring my way was an illness so huge that it would thrust me in to needing a caregiver. It was because of God’s ever-present strength that I was able to withstand what laid ahead and do what had to be done, because this man hasn’t a Hercules bone in his body. It is about sacrifices made, learning the illness inside out, standing strong in your faith, knowing the physical limitations of all involved, researching prior to a doctor’s visit in order to have somewhat of an idea what they were talking about. Being willing to put your life on hold when your care is needed twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. So I want to write the book not about myself but about my wife and care giver letting her voice speak to my heart that I can share the unconditional love that is a life that is abundant.

0 Kudos
Comments

ab10014949

Sounds like a wonderful book and one that needs to be written.

Peace to you and your caregiver on your Journey of Days.

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.