My New Years Resolution is to be more POSITIVE!

After being married for 39+ years my former spouse confided he had been having an affair and wanted out of the marriage.  That will be 4 years ago this February.  Since then I have moved 300+ miles to be close to my children - moved from a rural setting into a large metropolitan area - spent 18 months day care providing for my first Grandchild - bought an old house and did a lot of updating myself and have even tried the dating scene a little.

I found I still often pined for my old life which would put me in the doldrums.  I resolved that this year would be different!  I start my day with a positive thought.  Each time I have a negative thought I come up with 3 positive thoughts to cancel out the negative one.  For example - negative thought - if only "anything" - positive thoughts - I am so very lucky to be so close to my Grandsons - I can do anything I want any time I want - I love my new place.

So far so good!  Starting each day posting a positive photo and quote on my Facebook page helps a great deal.  I am feeling so much better physically and mentally because of this change in attitude.

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.