Well, I've made a start! I've been on three cruises, flown in an airplane for the first time, and I am seventy. I have a few computer skills, hard-earned, I am working on being less dependent, physically, emotionally and every other way on my wonderful children. It is time I got over my fear of being unable to cope on my own and remember the strong young woman I once was

During the 12 years I cared for my husband after a severe stroke, we became more and more withdrawn and isolated. My own personal life came to a screetching halt. My personality changed after he died. I became fearful and uncertain about every decision. I finally gave up my car and my apartment and moved in with my daughter. Here, I stay in my room, feeling like an intruder on her family, even though no one in her family has made me feel that way. I read and lose my self in my books to cope. I am tired of escapism and ready to live again. Getting lost in the airport will not discourage me. I am up, up, and away from now on!  And darn that walker! I am leaving it home next time.

Comments

Wishing you many happy experiences and adventures!

XMASDOVE.jpg

Wishing you good health to do what your heart says. Be true to yourself and share with those that might need you. In giving that's how we receive.
AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.