Hi, I'm Amy and I want to make new friends in my area so I stop sitting at home unless I have to run an errand.

0 Kudos
Comments

GLOBE.gif

Hi Amy, I am feeling the same.  I am 66 and need to meet people in san diego, and get out and do fun things and meet people.  I live in the clairmont area.  Like almost every thing.  I was going to start and go to some of the get together but is is hard to go when you don't know any one.   <<moderation team edited and removed personal email address>>

Hope to hear from you.

'Shirley

I have not had any luck on the AARP site.  I even signed up for their dating site called "How About We...", the men that responded were not nice at all.

I have met many nice new friends through MeetUp.  Google: MeetUp and you can find groups in your area.  I became a member of one called Bucket Listers.  I have not had a boring weekend since I joined.

Hi, I know exactly what you mean in your post about sitting around and only attending to errands. I have lived in the Poconos,Pa for 14 yrs now and I just wanna meet new people ,people that like to laugh,share conversations openly and honestly and just be their selfs and not fake. I have tried this site in various places and its been to no avail because it seems that everyone is in another state or I scared them off by being honest by asking for what I mentioned here. I would love to meet new people and people that love to travel as well because Im sure youll agree it looks pathetic to travel alone - I love long drives and yes I love disney and universal studios in florida ( am a kid at heart in those places but also a adult and quite respectful of other peoples needs and wishes.) If we dont ever meet who ever you are then,smile cause atleast you read this okay.

I live on Long Island and will soon be divorced, at 65 years old!  I too stay at home unless I have an errand to run or my children need me to babysit.  I like Country/Pop Music, Gardening, Movies, Wine and the beach.  I would love to make new friends for travel and sharing ideas and feelings.  No Romance Please!

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.