Hello from a Gold Star Mom whose son passed away as a result of injuries received while serving our country.

My New Years Resolution is to remember and be thankful each and every day for the sacrifices that not only my son made but the sacrifices that so many other brave men and women made for my freedom.  May 2015 bring joy, happiness, and may we never forget that our freedom was bought with a price.

Always remember this -- "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American soldier.  One died for your soul; the other for your freedom."

Comments

I am so sorry for your loss, Please know that there are many of us out here that truly appreciate the sacrifice that all soliders and their families have made and will continue to make to keep us all safe and free.  God Bless!

I admire your strength. I know what losing a child is like and your courage in bearing it with dignity puts me to shame.

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.