Every new year is a time to evaluate your life, well-being and promise to make changes. This year is no different. I took an honest look at myself and discovered that I worry so much that it affects my entire life negatively. Only I can change that. And so begins 2015.

The Dalai Lama states, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday,and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe and mostly live." It is now my mantra. I must basically talk back gently to that "little self" that is on my shoulder to have a healthy, positive thought pattern. What I think will exude from me and create a world I wish to be a part of. That world is the here and now and I will make it a positive one.

~Mrs. J. Gordon

Comments

June,

I love what you wrote! How true!!

Love,

Me

June,

We all need to follow your lead.  Perfectly written!

Dilby

AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.