AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 1 of 9,775

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 9,775

If you love science as I do, you will love Sam Keane's The Disappearing Spoon.  It is about the development of the periodic table, which does not sound interesting, but when you hear the human stories behind the elements, it is!  I also recently read Radium Girls, a heartbreaking true story of science gone wrong.  I told their story to my students many times when I was still teaching.  Greed leads some people to do terrible things to their employees and this is a classic example.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 9,775

At the present I'm reading Karen Kingsbury series.  She writes meaningful books for the entire family to read.  I share these with my daughter Liza.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9,775

MY next book is Daisy Goodwin's Victoria.  I am also reading Forbidden Science by Jacques Vallee and Bill Bryson's A Short History of Everything.  I am not reading very much and it is slow go.

Ad terminum vitae meae nōn venī.
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 9,775

I’m reading The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. Clever novel about a man who decides to escape the Old Folk’s Home on the day of his 100th birthday celebration! He makes some unusual friends & enemies during his journey! As his adventure continues we learn about his interesting life and how it transcends the 20th century! I’m enjoying it immensely and would recommend this book!

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 9,775

The Memory Watcher was very good although the ending could have been better.  Now reading Uncle Tungsten because I am a science gal.  Love Oliver Sacks!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9,775

colleenl198459 wrote:

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Hi @colleenl198459

@welcome!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 9,775

Just finished reading "Ireland"  a novel by Frank Delaney.  Great story.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 9,775

Just finished The Rules. Of Magic. Alice Hoffman

love her books!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Conversationalist

Message 10 of 9,775

Finishing up Al Roker Losing it for Good and Rob Lowe Stories I Only Tell My Friends and starting Gabrielle Union We're Going To Need More Wine