Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 81 of 9,769 (1,116 Views)

The book I'm about to start is "Neither Snow Nor Rain:History of the U.S. Postal Service" by Devin Leonard. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 82 of 9,769 (1,106 Views)

I just finished reading"The Legends Club" about 3 legendary college basketball coaches, Dean Smith,Jim Valvano and Mike Krzyzewski. I loved this book,fascinating read.I,was wiping away tears,when author wrote about deaths of JimValvano and Dean Smith,2 coaches I really liked. I highly recommend this book Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 83 of 9,769 (1,076 Views)

The book I'm about to start is "The Legends Club:An Epic College Basketball Rivarly" by sports writer John Feinstein. The book is the decade long rivarly  of 3 well know college basketball coaches,late Dean Smith of North Carolina,Jim Valvano coach of N.Carolina State and Mike Krzyzewski coach at Duke.

I have been a UNC 'Tar Heel' basketball fan for yrs,had the utmost respect for late Dean Smith,ditto for late coach Jim Valvano coach at NC State. As for Mike K,never liked him or his team,comes across as arrogant and full of himself.

I've read other books by the author,this will be an interesting read

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 84 of 9,769 (1,056 Views)

I finished Malcolm Nance's timely book'The Plot to Hack America", was published 2 months before the 2016 Presidential election.I liked it& recommend it if you are interesting in learning how the Russians hacked the Dem Party server and others.

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 85 of 9,769 (1,010 Views)

Penny Sartori's Wisdom of Near Death Experiences  chronicles her years of study as a nurse in the intensive care unit.  Another person who hooked me with her singular charm in a podcast.  I have been aware of her work for many years but listening to her is what sold the book!  Actually the book was a Christmas gift for my mother but the print is light & not easy to read so perhaps after her next cataract surgery she can attempt it. 

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 86 of 9,769 (1,016 Views)

The book I'm reading now is "The Plot to Hijack America:How Putin's Cyberspies&Wikileaks Tried to Steal 2016 Election" by Malcolm Nance.Nance is an intelligence/counterterrorism expert who frequently appears on MSNBC and other shows.

He wrote this book during the 2016 Presidential campaign,a very timely book considering what's going on with Trump's ties to Valdimir Putin and Russia. What I read so far is fascinating. Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 87 of 9,769 (1,077 Views)

I got halfway thru Brian Wilson's memoir,but stopped,Brian isn't a good writer,became boring .

I saw the movie"Love and Mercy' in '15,which is a bio of his life. I liked the movie better than his book Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 88 of 9,769 (1,094 Views)

The book I'm reading now is another memoir  called "I Am Brian Wilson" with Ben Greenman. Brian is the co-founder of the successful 60's singing group,"Beach Boys' with his 2 late brothers,Carl,Dennis,cousin Mike Love and childhood friend,Al Jardine.He wrote most of the group's hits,one of my all time favorites is "God Only Knows". In the book,Brian explains in his own words what happened when he couldn't perform on stage with the group in the 70's. The mistake of hiring Dr Eugene Landy who 'controlled' and misdiagnosed what his problem was,how Brian recovered with help from his 2nd wife,Melinda and his family. Sue 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 89 of 9,769 (1,121 Views)

I just finished reading "A Dog's Purpose" by W.Bruce Cameron which was wonderful.Some parts of the book made it into the movie of same name which I loved,any dog lover would enjoy this book

Next up is a memoir by actor,Bryan Cranston "A Life in Parts".I've liked him ever since he costarred with Jane Kaczmareck in TV show'Malcolm in The Middle" '00-'06 Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 90 of 9,769 (1,115 Views)

I'm now reading "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron which is the basis of the movie which I saw a week ago,loved it.

The book is narrated by the dog,Bailey{same for the movie} he is reincarnated a couple times as different breeds of dogs,his observations on humans. I'll be interested to see if the book is just like the movie. The author has written 4 other dog books. Sue