The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 71 of 9,769 (951 Views)

The book I'm about to read is"There I Go Again: How I Came to Be "Mr. Feeney,John Adams,Dr. Craig,KITT, and Many Others by actor, William Daniels.

He's one of my favorite TV actors,first saw him in movie"1776' '73 he played John Adams,most of the cast in movie version also did stage version. I loved him as "Dr Mark Craig',head heart surgeon on favorite  medical show'St Elsewhere" '82-'86.He co-starred as the high school principal, "Mr. Feeney" on ABC sitcom'Boy Meets World''93-'00.I wonder if the writers intended the name of the high school, to be named John Adams because of Daniel's movie role.,I  found it amusing nevertheless. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Info Seeker

Message 72 of 9,769 (964 Views)

Thank you for the Kudo, dear Rainbowhope! Very best regards, Rina. Smiley Very HappyHeart

Info Seeker

Message 73 of 9,769 (1,042 Views)

Hello! I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone would like to read my book "Africa, my Africa" by Rina Flanagan. It is so new that you have to put in the "by Rina Flanagan" bit, for it to show up on Amazon. I was born in Africa, grew up there and lived in several places in Zimbabwe, South Africa, and Namibia. Had some encounters with elephants and the occasional deadly snake - some scary, others downright funny... or they were later!

I'm trying to get some reviews for a competition I entered (Storyteller UK), but would also like to know what people think of the book in general. Grateful for your comments!

Very best regards,

Rina. (I travelled all over the world for companies I worked for, lived on 4 continents, and an island, and the next book will contain those stories - plenty of funny incidents that happened long the way!)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 9,769 (1,049 Views)

Last night,I finished "My Bookstore",which featured 91 authors and their essays about their favorite  place to shop,browse and buy books.

Some of these authors I had never heard of before,I recognized 11 authors since I had read their books.I highly recommend this fascinating book. Sue

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 75 of 9,769 (1,101 Views)

My current book is The Sisters of Versailles by Sally Christie.  It is about real people, the five de Mailly-Nesle sisters, contemporaries of  Louis lV.  The book is written from the perspective of the  sisters and I am really enjoying it.  It is light reading but  it is immersing and very well written.  There are 2 more books  planned to follow in the trilogy.

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 9,769 (1,081 Views)

I could not get into the book about the History of Tea,I gave up after 60pgs.The writer was too detailed found it to be quite boring,oh well

The next one on my list is"My Bookstore" edited by Ronald Rice and Booksellers across the country.

91 authors have written essays about their favorite places to browse,read and shop.This should be interesting.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 77 of 9,769 (1,088 Views)

Presently I am reading:

All The Light We Cannot See, By: Anthony Doerr.

Marvelous Book !

I enjoy his discriptions of the two lives he compares durring WWII.

Marie-Laure & Werner.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 9,769 (1,077 Views)

The book I'm about to read is"The Extraordinary Story of the World's Favorite Drink,Tea' by Roy Moxhim. I've been a life long tea drinker,will be interested to learn what author has to say.Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 9,769 (1,038 Views)

Since my last post,I've read these books:

1.Neither Snow or Rain,a History of U. S. POstal System by Devin Leonard,interesting&fascinating,didin't realize it was started by Ben Franklin

2."The Abundance",narrative essays old and New by Annie Dillard, like the way she writes.My church minister is a fan of hers,got me hooked

3. 2 mystery books by Peter Robinson,"All The Colors of The Darkness","Children of the Revolution",featuring Inspector Alan Banks

4."Halleuijah,Anyways"-Anne LaMott ,her latest book how we should embrace Mercy. I've read most of her books,like her sense of humor,prefer her non-fiction books

At the moment,I'm reading JD Robb { aka Nora Roberts}'Memory in Death',love these futuristic'in death' series books. I've read most of them,well written with some humor,with same characters Lt Eve Dallas,her multi millionaire husband,Roarke,Eve's police partner,Delia Peabody among others.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 80 of 9,769 (1,052 Views)

@doglover52  I am almost finished reading The Violinist of Venice by Alyssa Palombo.  Very enjoyable and I am glad you recommended it.  The author has a new book coming soon, The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence: A Story of Botticelli. 

vita umbratilis