When Does a Loved One Need Caregiving? Get Answers From AARP’s ‘Family Caregiving Online Series.’ Register Now

Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 71 of 9,777

I just finished Norwegian By Night by Derek B. Miller. Excellent book. One of the best I've ever read. Highly recommended.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 9,777

The book I'm reading now is "Lab Girl" by Hope Jahlen.I had read wonderful reviews about the book,sounded interesting.This is the author's memoir of growing up in Minnesota,at a young age,spent hours in her dad's college laboratory.She is now a geobiolgist,spent her life studying trees,flowers,seeds and soil. She is a good writer with a sense of humor. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 9,777

Last night I finished reading historian,David McCullough's new book'The American Spirit".

What I loved about the book,each place he gave his speech whether it was at univ/college,joint session of congress,or another historic place,he gave  a little history lesson

This is a quick read only 171 pgs,took me 3 days,I recommend the book Sue

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 9,777

@doglover52  Yes, I like him too.

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 9,777

One of my favorite historians,David McCullough has written a new book"The American Spirit: Who We Are and What We Stand For".He has collected some of his important speeches which highlight what it means to be American. This should be interesting. Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 9,777

Last night,I finished "Commonwealth" by Ann Patchett,story involves 2 families Keating and Cousins ,what the parents did  which changes their kids lives forever,told over a 5 decade period.

I enjoyed the book,recommend it  Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 9,777

The book I've just started is "Commonwealth" by Ann Patchett, I've read a couple other of her books,'Bel Canto,State of Wonder" Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 9,777

I finished actor,William Daniels memoir"There I Go Again" a terrific book I learned a couple new things about him. He was a child performer with one of his younger sisters,Jackie,their mother,Irene was a typical'stage mother'.

He and his wife,actress, Bonnie Bartlett met at Northwestern,have been married for 65 yrs.

He still gets mail from fans about his role as "George Feeney' on ABC hit show 'Boy Meets World"

I recommend the book Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 9,777

The book I'm about to read is"There I Go Again: How I Came to Be "Mr. Feeney,John Adams,Dr. Craig,KITT, and Many Others by actor, William Daniels.

He's one of my favorite TV actors,first saw him in movie"1776' '73 he played John Adams,most of the cast in movie version also did stage version. I loved him as "Dr Mark Craig',head heart surgeon on favorite  medical show'St Elsewhere" '82-'86.He co-starred as the high school principal, "Mr. Feeney" on ABC sitcom'Boy Meets World''93-'00.I wonder if the writers intended the name of the high school, to be named John Adams because of Daniel's movie role.,I  found it amusing nevertheless. Sue

Info Seeker

Message 80 of 9,777

Thank you for the Kudo, dear Rainbowhope! Very best regards, Rina. Smiley Very HappyHeart