Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Gold Conversationalist

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 61 of 9,753 (902 Views)

Presently I am reading:

All The Light We Cannot See, By: Anthony Doerr.

Marvelous Book !

I enjoy his discriptions of the two lives he compares durring WWII.

Marie-Laure & Werner.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 9,753 (894 Views)

The book I'm about to read is"The Extraordinary Story of the World's Favorite Drink,Tea' by Roy Moxhim. I've been a life long tea drinker,will be interested to learn what author has to say.Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 9,753 (855 Views)

Since my last post,I've read these books:

1.Neither Snow or Rain,a History of U. S. POstal System by Devin Leonard,interesting&fascinating,didin't realize it was started by Ben Franklin

2."The Abundance",narrative essays old and New by Annie Dillard, like the way she writes.My church minister is a fan of hers,got me hooked

3. 2 mystery books by Peter Robinson,"All The Colors of The Darkness","Children of the Revolution",featuring Inspector Alan Banks

4."Halleuijah,Anyways"-Anne LaMott ,her latest book how we should embrace Mercy. I've read most of her books,like her sense of humor,prefer her non-fiction books

At the moment,I'm reading JD Robb { aka Nora Roberts}'Memory in Death',love these futuristic'in death' series books. I've read most of them,well written with some humor,with same characters Lt Eve Dallas,her multi millionaire husband,Roarke,Eve's police partner,Delia Peabody among others.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 9,753 (869 Views)

@doglover52  I am almost finished reading The Violinist of Venice by Alyssa Palombo.  Very enjoyable and I am glad you recommended it.  The author has a new book coming soon, The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence: A Story of Botticelli. 

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 9,753 (924 Views)

The book I'm about to start is "Neither Snow Nor Rain:History of the U.S. Postal Service" by Devin Leonard. Sue 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 9,753 (920 Views)

I just finished reading"The Legends Club" about 3 legendary college basketball coaches, Dean Smith,Jim Valvano and Mike Krzyzewski. I loved this book,fascinating read.I,was wiping away tears,when author wrote about deaths of JimValvano and Dean Smith,2 coaches I really liked. I highly recommend this book Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 9,753 (890 Views)

The book I'm about to start is "The Legends Club:An Epic College Basketball Rivarly" by sports writer John Feinstein. The book is the decade long rivarly  of 3 well know college basketball coaches,late Dean Smith of North Carolina,Jim Valvano coach of N.Carolina State and Mike Krzyzewski coach at Duke.

I have been a UNC 'Tar Heel' basketball fan for yrs,had the utmost respect for late Dean Smith,ditto for late coach Jim Valvano coach at NC State. As for Mike K,never liked him or his team,comes across as arrogant and full of himself.

I've read other books by the author,this will be an interesting read

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 9,753 (878 Views)

I finished Malcolm Nance's timely book'The Plot to Hack America", was published 2 months before the 2016 Presidential election.I liked it& recommend it if you are interesting in learning how the Russians hacked the Dem Party server and others.

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 69 of 9,753 (832 Views)

Penny Sartori's Wisdom of Near Death Experiences  chronicles her years of study as a nurse in the intensive care unit.  Another person who hooked me with her singular charm in a podcast.  I have been aware of her work for many years but listening to her is what sold the book!  Actually the book was a Christmas gift for my mother but the print is light & not easy to read so perhaps after her next cataract surgery she can attempt it. 

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 9,753 (837 Views)

The book I'm reading now is "The Plot to Hijack America:How Putin's Cyberspies&Wikileaks Tried to Steal 2016 Election" by Malcolm Nance.Nance is an intelligence/counterterrorism expert who frequently appears on MSNBC and other shows.

He wrote this book during the 2016 Presidential campaign,a very timely book considering what's going on with Trump's ties to Valdimir Putin and Russia. What I read so far is fascinating. Sue