Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 61 of 9,777

This morning, I finished reading'Before The Fall' by Noah Hawley. I figured out who the 'bad guy' was with 150pgs left to read.,I recommend this suspenseful thriller,even though its a tad too long at 390pgs. The author created the TV show "Fargo' based on the Coen brothers movie of same name

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 9,777

@doglover52  Another great sounding book Sue.  You are on a roll as far as book recomendations for me!

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 9,777

I'm a member of a local independent bookstore here in the city. Every summer they come out with a list of recommendations from other independent booksellers around the country of books to read either for a book group or individual.,mostly in paperback.There is the top 10 selections,other categories included are memoirs/mysteries/history etc. I try to read some of the books which sound interesting to me. The last book I read"Lab Girl' by Hope Jahren was on the list,took me 3 days to finish,was good

The book I started yesterday is"Before The Fall" by Noah Hawley,can't put it down. The story is about a multi millionaire media guy,along with his wife&daughter,and others died in a plane crash. The only survivors are their 4yr old son,JJ and a painter,Scott who saves the boy and swims miles in the ocean to shore,what happens to them afterwards. Sue

Message 64 of 9,777

@doglover52  Sounds good Sue.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 9,777

Yesterday afternoon,I finished "Lad Girl" by Hope Jahren which I really enjoyed.A fast paced book, made me look at trees/flowers/seed in a different way. Hope and her lab partner,Bill have been working together for 20yrs,he's a character in his unique way.

Hope has a Ph.D in paleobiology from Univ of Cal-Berkeley,has 3 Fulbright awards,is one of 4 scientists,only woman to win the Young Investigator Medals in earth science. She has been pursuing independent research in paleobiology since '96.She and her husband,Curt&son live in Hawaii.

I  recommend the book,filled with humor Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 9,777

@LaDolceVita Hey,LVD,thanks for your kind words about the books I read.

I don't turn on the TV most nights until 9pm ,there really isn't anything worth watching unless I've circled a show in TVGuide.If I'm reading a good book,I lose track of time altogether.

I've kept a journal of all the books I've read since 1990,its interesting to see what've I read over the years. Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 9,777

@ksales Hi,also want to welcome you back,we need all the posters we can get to keep this group going. Its too bad the'powers that be' changed the website to make it more difficult than before. Sue

Message 68 of 9,777

@ksalesWe have lost most of our members here for the same reason.  I did hear that Edie is not well.  It is a shame & it seems impossible to build our membership.  I am a creature of habit so I just keep plugging along!

Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 9,777

Glad to be back. I was gone for so long because I got disgusted with the website. I'm computer savvy, but it was more trouble than it was worth. I see than not a lot has changed. I suspect that's why we lost so many of our fellow posters. It's not easy to get to these forums, it's not easy to subscribe to a fourm, and then it's difficult to get notifications when there are new posts.

Message 70 of 9,777

@ksalesNice to see you back.  Sue (doglover) is our only prolific poster, she reads more books than I do.  Of course I am still reading but not as much as I would like!