The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 61 of 9,769 (889 Views)

Glad to be back. I was gone for so long because I got disgusted with the website. I'm computer savvy, but it was more trouble than it was worth. I see than not a lot has changed. I suspect that's why we lost so many of our fellow posters. It's not easy to get to these forums, it's not easy to subscribe to a fourm, and then it's difficult to get notifications when there are new posts.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 9,769 (869 Views)

@ksalesNice to see you back.  Sue (doglover) is our only prolific poster, she reads more books than I do.  Of course I am still reading but not as much as I would like!

vita umbratilis
Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 9,769 (844 Views)

I just finished Norwegian By Night by Derek B. Miller. Excellent book. One of the best I've ever read. Highly recommended.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 64 of 9,769 (810 Views)

The book I'm reading now is "Lab Girl" by Hope Jahlen.I had read wonderful reviews about the book,sounded interesting.This is the author's memoir of growing up in Minnesota,at a young age,spent hours in her dad's college laboratory.She is now a geobiolgist,spent her life studying trees,flowers,seeds and soil. She is a good writer with a sense of humor. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 65 of 9,769 (837 Views)

Last night I finished reading historian,David McCullough's new book'The American Spirit".

What I loved about the book,each place he gave his speech whether it was at univ/college,joint session of congress,or another historic place,he gave  a little history lesson

This is a quick read only 171 pgs,took me 3 days,I recommend the book Sue

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 66 of 9,769 (861 Views)

@doglover52  Yes, I like him too.

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 67 of 9,769 (901 Views)

One of my favorite historians,David McCullough has written a new book"The American Spirit: Who We Are and What We Stand For".He has collected some of his important speeches which highlight what it means to be American. This should be interesting. Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 68 of 9,769 (867 Views)

Last night,I finished "Commonwealth" by Ann Patchett,story involves 2 families Keating and Cousins ,what the parents did  which changes their kids lives forever,told over a 5 decade period.

I enjoyed the book,recommend it  Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 9,769 (966 Views)

The book I've just started is "Commonwealth" by Ann Patchett, I've read a couple other of her books,'Bel Canto,State of Wonder" Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 9,769 (899 Views)

I finished actor,William Daniels memoir"There I Go Again" a terrific book I learned a couple new things about him. He was a child performer with one of his younger sisters,Jackie,their mother,Irene was a typical'stage mother'.

He and his wife,actress, Bonnie Bartlett met at Northwestern,have been married for 65 yrs.

He still gets mail from fans about his role as "George Feeney' on ABC hit show 'Boy Meets World"

I recommend the book Sue