Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 41 of 9,753 (846 Views)

Yesterday afternoon,I finished "Lad Girl" by Hope Jahren which I really enjoyed.A fast paced book, made me look at trees/flowers/seed in a different way. Hope and her lab partner,Bill have been working together for 20yrs,he's a character in his unique way.

Hope has a Ph.D in paleobiology from Univ of Cal-Berkeley,has 3 Fulbright awards,is one of 4 scientists,only woman to win the Young Investigator Medals in earth science. She has been pursuing independent research in paleobiology since '96.She and her husband,Curt&son live in Hawaii.

I  recommend the book,filled with humor Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 9,753 (836 Views)

@LaDolceVita Hey,LVD,thanks for your kind words about the books I read.

I don't turn on the TV most nights until 9pm ,there really isn't anything worth watching unless I've circled a show in TVGuide.If I'm reading a good book,I lose track of time altogether.

I've kept a journal of all the books I've read since 1990,its interesting to see what've I read over the years. Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 9,753 (743 Views)

@ksales Hi,also want to welcome you back,we need all the posters we can get to keep this group going. Its too bad the'powers that be' changed the website to make it more difficult than before. Sue

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 9,753 (721 Views)

@ksalesWe have lost most of our members here for the same reason.  I did hear that Edie is not well.  It is a shame & it seems impossible to build our membership.  I am a creature of habit so I just keep plugging along!

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 45 of 9,753 (723 Views)

Glad to be back. I was gone for so long because I got disgusted with the website. I'm computer savvy, but it was more trouble than it was worth. I see than not a lot has changed. I suspect that's why we lost so many of our fellow posters. It's not easy to get to these forums, it's not easy to subscribe to a fourm, and then it's difficult to get notifications when there are new posts.

Message 46 of 9,753 (705 Views)

@ksalesNice to see you back.  Sue (doglover) is our only prolific poster, she reads more books than I do.  Of course I am still reading but not as much as I would like!

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 47 of 9,753 (680 Views)

I just finished Norwegian By Night by Derek B. Miller. Excellent book. One of the best I've ever read. Highly recommended.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 9,753 (645 Views)

The book I'm reading now is "Lab Girl" by Hope Jahlen.I had read wonderful reviews about the book,sounded interesting.This is the author's memoir of growing up in Minnesota,at a young age,spent hours in her dad's college laboratory.She is now a geobiolgist,spent her life studying trees,flowers,seeds and soil. She is a good writer with a sense of humor. Sue 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 9,753 (672 Views)

Last night I finished reading historian,David McCullough's new book'The American Spirit".

What I loved about the book,each place he gave his speech whether it was at univ/college,joint session of congress,or another historic place,he gave  a little history lesson

This is a quick read only 171 pgs,took me 3 days,I recommend the book Sue

Message 50 of 9,753 (690 Views)

@doglover52  Yes, I like him too.

vita umbratilis