Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: What's everyone reading?

Message 11 of 9,753 (226 Views)

Author Talk-'Laurel Canyon: The Inside Story of Rock-and-Roll's Legendary Neighborhood'  Michael Walker

I want to read this book ..  as soon as I find it!

Nice to see people are still reading over here!!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted

Message 12 of 9,753 (562 Views)

I started reading Desiree by Annamarie Selinko.  It is a historical novel about Napoleon and very long, over 500 pages.  I only read a half hour  most evenings so this will take a while.

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 9,753 (665 Views)

The book I started today is "God's Hotel:A Doctor,A Hosptial,and a Pilgrimage to the Heart of Medicine" by Victoria Sweet.

The author has been a physician at San Francisco's Laguna Honda Hosptial,which is the last almshouse in the country. They take care of people who can't take care of themselves.I always find these memoirs interesting considering I worked at local hospital for 27yrs as a pharm tech Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 14 of 9,753 (1,258 Views)

I just began reading  UFOs Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record by Leslie Kean.    I listened to a podcast in which the author, an investigative journalist described her experiences  & reasons for writing this book.  I really liked her & I got the book from the library. I have never read a book about UFOs, I really dislike the idea of UFOs.    The is a paperback and the print is too small.  It is taking longer to read but I will persevere for a while.  The book has excellent reviews and I may get a  hardcover when the price drops a bit.  

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 9,753 (1,289 Views)

I've just finished reading ,"Giant Of The Senate" by Sen. Al Franken{D,Minn} which I found quite interesting,his sense of humor runs thru the book. He gives in detail what really goes on behind the scenes when he decided to run for Senate in Minnesota in 2007.His opponent at the time,Norm Coleman and other Republicians bashed him every chance they could,never thinking a former TV comedy/satricial writer would win this Senate race,but he did. The race was so close,it wasn't decided until 2 months later. I recommend the book Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 9,753 (1,423 Views)

I'm now reading Sen. Al Franken{D,Minn} latest book "Giant of The Senate". I've always liked him,knew he was one of the orginial comedy staff writers on NBC show"Saturday Night Live". What I've read so far is funny,will be interested to learn how he decided to run for political office,his thoughts about the'idiot in the White House' Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 9,753 (1,434 Views)

Yeasterday I finished 'Truth and Beauty" by Ann Patchett,her memoir about her late friend,Lucy Grealy. Lucy had lost part of her jaw due to childhood cancer when she was 9,had 38 reconstructive surgeries throughout her life to try&fix the problem without much success.

Ann had kept all the letters they wrote to each other during their 20 yr friendship,which she uses throughout the book.She never wavered in her support&love for her friend even though there were many times when she wanted to. I've read&enjoyed Ann's other books,this was ok Sue

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 9,753 (1,562 Views)

The book I started yesterday is "Truth and Beauty" by Anne Patchett,she wrote it in '04.. Its a memoir of her friendship with her late friend,Lucy Grealy.They first met each other in college in '81,they both enrolled at Iowa Writer's Workshop.Their friendship lasted 20 years until Lucy's untimely death in 2002. Patchett is one  of my favorite authors,have read most of her books Sue

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 9,753 (1,579 Views)

I think I'm behind everyone else! But am now halfway through 'The Elephant Whisperer.' And all I can say is wow, wow wow. True story which sometimes actually had me holding my breath...

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 9,753 (1,578 Views)

Last night i finished"The Art of Rivalry:4 Friendships,Betrayals,Breakthroughs of Modern Art" by Sebastain Smee. This was a fascinating book,enjoyed it. The author is art critic for the Boston Globe