Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are you looking for a part-time job?

5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacher’s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment 👉(12/3/22) I have often thought of being a Tour Guide during my Retirement. Now to find what tours would be of interest and of course the schedule and pay. Great article. Thanks, Nicole 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

Do you have work from home for seniors over 60? I will work the whole holiday season - I’m immediately available. I can be reached at [personal email address removed from public view, please use the private messaging system on the community] thanks

Contributor

Hello!!

I’m a Chicago gal. who for the past 20 years  resides in Las Vegas!! I am semi-retired by choice, and still enjoying!!!

My issue? The summers are unbearably hot!!! (Even w/dry heat😊)  What I am interested in, is to find a job for May-August in a cooler temperature!! Possibly work in a resort Minnesota, a National Park?? A place where the weather, and nature, are more conducive to enjoy!!😁

I am 72 years of age, and have continued to engage myself in  a plethora  of successful, challenging, AND FUN CAREERS!!!

Any suggestions of companies who are in need of a seasoned senior????

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

To everyone participating in this discussion. You may be interested to know that we currently are hosting an AARP expert on this very topic. This month, ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock about finding flexible work options that work for you. Please pop over to our Theme Month Discussion and join AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Professional Profile: 

Marketing professional with experience in retail, corporate and non-profit environments. Articulate, self-motivated problem solver with outstanding interpersonal skills, high level of resourcefulness and creativity. Recognized for the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people and maintain a calm professional demeanor in stressful situations. Successful in developing and creating practical solutions in optimizing efficiency, production and enhancing company/employee relations. A leader with the ability to set and achieve challenging goals. 

Professional Background:
Development and Communications Manager, Orlando, FL 2005 - 2017
Alzheimer's and Dementia Resource Center, Inc. 

Additional skills:
Budgeting, forecasting, Powerpoint presentations, accounting, researcher, creative writing (blogs), Facebook postings, Word Press, Excel, Word, database management, event planning, collections, errands, marketing, sales, newsletters, marketing collateral, pricing quotes and more.

Work from home or part-time, contract. References available. Salary, project consulting - negotiable. 25 -30 hours per week.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am seeking full or part time employment in office assistand and customer service.

I have been a care-giver for my grand baby for the last five-years-she is now in school full time.

Also I am a current AARP Active Volunteer for the last 5-years serving in several positions.

I would love to get back into the work force for financial reasons and to be more productive in society.

If you know of any companies looking for employees with intergity, loyalty, flexiable, honesty, committed, etc. I am the one!

Sincerely,

Janice Halton

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I would rather volunteer than work for money.  Less stress.

Contributor

Hello,  I'm looking for a part time job. Front desk recepitist, or clerical work. 2 to 3 days a week. No more then 16 - 20hrs a week. If possabile near the home.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@a851847m wrote:

Hello,  I'm looking for a part time job. Front desk recepitist, or clerical work. 2 to 3 days a week. No more then 16 - 20hrs a week. If possabile near the home.

Where?

0 Kudos

I am retiring soon from my career in the aerospace industry (38 years). I'm interested in finding a part time job I can do from home that is challenging and potentially rewarding to myself and others. As a Manufacturing Manager, Project Manager, Industrial Engineer, and airline coordinator my experiences are wide and, in some key areas, deep.

Your ideas and input would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

If you live in the Houston, Texas area, try an Airline. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Yes I am.  Currently do "petsitting" but would like to find something a bit more challenging. 

Greetings.gif

0 Kudos

Yes!

I have an application in for Disneyland and it expires the 18th. Looking for entry-level anything. I live in Yorba LInda, with a car. My retirement checks are SSA, Navy, and Civil Service.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Good luck Larry!
0 Kudos

I am looking for a job in Bryan Tx or College Station Tx.  I've been working for RGIS for about the last year. Previous was Kohls Dept. Store. Before that a lot of inventory control. Done payroll, accounting, A/P -A/R. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes my name is Linda Stovall and a AARP member and I am looking for  a night time opportunity so that I can still volunteer at my daughter's school during the day.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How can get started I would to work as a blogger🀄️.

hi
i am looking for home based freelance jobs like voice process or non voice process if we have any vacancy kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards
K. MAHESHWARI
0 Kudos
Contributor

check out backpage.com or type your search in job search box online such as www.freelance.com

0 Kudos

Hello, while I was living in Florida, I contacted a work at home company called Alpine Access. Try contacting them. They contract work at home customer service. Hope this helps and good luck.
Judy

I love going on the internet to search different topics. Worked in Physical Therapy department. Also as a travel agent. Willing to try anything part time.

HELLO MY NAME IS LETICIA IAM A AARP MEMBER, I AM CURRENTLY WORKING AS A CARE GIVER FOR A WELL KNOWN AGENCY FOR TWO YEARS HOWEVER I FELL I WOULD LIKE TO WORK ON A NURSERY WHAT ARE MY CHANCES LOVE GARDENING'S  AND I AM VERY GOOD AT IT.  I HAVE PROBLEMS PUTTING A JOB RESUME TOGETHER, IS THERE E CARRIER CENTER FOR PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 50  I AM 58 OF AGE VERY HEALTHY AND IN SHAPE ,,,,, CAN YOU HELP ME BOCOME MORE FINANCIAL INDEPENDENT,  THANK YOU VERY MUCH! SINCERELY LETICIA KHODAVANDI 

Contributor

Correction: Mr Obama invented a new law not lie. Lol
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

kk5352 wrote:
Correction: Mr Obama invented a new law not lie. Lol

Correction. You invented a new lie. Your legislature set the 10-year limitation.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Contributor

You must be at least a college diploma level medical administrative assistant earned within the last 10 years for the doctor's offices to legally hire a person in a medical office in the state of Florida and most other states also now. I know because I had to go back to college just to get rehired in the state of FL. My certificate was over 12 years old.Mr. Obama invented another lie that are certificates are no longer good after 10 years even though you've been working and have more experience. I went back to get an AA this time in college became in debt just to be hireable in the medical field again, became nationally certified so I never have to go through this in my lifetime. I was a medical insurance biller in California doing well and moved to be with family after a divorce. I was unaware that over half of the new residents here in FL are from Puerto Rico looking for work now. They also prefer bilingual employees which isn't fair to regular citizens slso looking for work that have lived in the USA and have been paying their taxes all their life already. A US citizen born here should have first preference, not a foreigner for many reasons. Maybe you'll have to go to work somewhere else if not certified if you are lucky, many people here prefer someone with experience though, if you can get hired. The problem is this state is not a right to work state. You do anything wrong and you're gone, even if you didn't do it. The lawsuits have to be proven though. In California there are unions and we have rights much better deal. Many people are brainwashed that the unions are bad here, much ignorance. That's why they have no rights. Disney is proposing to have a union though I have heard recently.
0 Kudos
Contributor

You sound like you're discriminating people - let employers decide on that if they want to help the person through job sponsorship - so don't discriminate!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am looking for a part time job preferably evening and near my area so that I have to take care of my grand kids. I tried lot of work from home jobs all are skam. If any genuine home based work I can do sincerely.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, i am looking for a part-time job in the Medical Office Administrative job, can you help?

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP