Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

St. Louis Metro is still need of drivers

Conversationalist

St. Louis Metro is still need of drivers

Although Metro did get some drivers and that is good.  Metro appreciates me spreading the word.  Now I know that some feel afraid to drive the buses because of unruly passengers.  Don't let idiots who want to disturb other customers ruin your chances to become a bus driver.  Once you take the wheel of a public service bus, you have the authority to kick troublemakers off your bus.  I know that the troublemakers would threaten to sue, but what it turns out to be is that a lot of times, once the court views the footage shot on your bus, the judge might think that the money the culprit is after is for stupid stuff such as drugs such as crack.  The vehicles that Metro has recently bought for Call-a-Ride and what Via uses for their services are tricked out versions of family vans and minivans.  

By law, Metro does NOT have the authority to turn you away as a job applicant because of age, religion, sex, or even if you have served in the military.  Now I am not sure why didn't they buy a van that has hand controls for the brake and throttle for wheelchair bound people, but I did notice when I rode a bus to work, that there was a bus driver who had limited use of one of his hands and that shows that Metro is also forbidden from denying handicapped citizens to apply to be a bus driver. 

If you are in a wheelchair, they sure could use a planner.  Once Metro gets their driver force back up to pre pandemic levels, they could not only reopen just about all or 90% of the routes they had closed but also some new ones as well.  So here is the link for the Metro career page:

https://www.metrostlouis.org/careers/

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Conversationalist

You know that transit companies all over this country are forbidden from discriminating.  Handicapped people are NOT dangerous individuals.  I have never seen one go and steal or shoot anyone.  Psychics will tell you just about anything and sometimes what they tell you things that are just plain rubbish.  I guess you dislike the world of reality because of the shootings and greedy corporations.  I've seen a somewhat cripple driving what was the 48 Lindbergh and the bus made it to the Ballas Transit Center with no trouble at all.  Everybody on the bus was calm.  The ADA was signed into law in 1990 by former President George Bus Sr. which makes discrimination against the handicapped illegal.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP