Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Any Part-time Groundskeepers Out Here?

I enjoy my part-time job keeps the grounds clean at an apartment complex. I work 20-25 hours a week.

The best part (to me) is being outside most of the time.

The walking I do helps keep me healthy, and the extra money comes in handy.

I'm always curious if any other seniors do this kind of work. 

Hope I can hang onto this type of work for awhile. I'm 62 now. 

Thanks.

Chloe
Regular Contributor

I should do the same.

A. S. Madere
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@grandmachloe  Congratulations Chloe, on finding a part-time retirement job that fits into your interests and lifestyle!  I can think of some folks who wouldn't even consider the benefits of such work...even though they've enjoyed yard work and the great outdoors on weekends for years!

It's interesting, isn't it, to see the things we can talk ourselves into and out of when we don't think outside of the box?  Extra pocket money for doing activities you like is always a welcome incentive.  I always pick up trash on my walks through the neighborhood with my little doggies...I could see myself with a healthy part-time job.  LOL!

Glad to see your post and I enjoyed your take on staying healthy, physically active and earning money while you do it! Another advantage is that you get to see immediate results from your efforts...there's a lot to be said for that!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP