Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Regular Social Butterfly

Re: Veterans

Message 1 of 4

As I did, today. Thank you again, Tim and Steve and the others lost from 1970-1975.

I read a book recently, where the veteran preferred not to wear his uniform in public post-9/11, as he did not want the kudos we inherently give our Military.

"Memoirs Of A Public Servant" by Charleston Hartfield, LVMPD, USArmy, Nevada Army Reserve

We, unfortunately, lost Charlie in the 1-Oct event. His book is well worth the read, to understand Military and First Responder mentality and courage.

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

CHUCKIE1369 wrote:

We the Veterans of the Vietnam war had to hide our uniforms, or destroy them before getting back to the states. There has never been such a diservice to veterans as those of us that served at a time of calling. And now today there are all these specials going on for todays veterans that are welcomed home, alive or dead. God bless those of us that served during the Vietnam war, and to hell to those who disgraced us !

Thank you for your service!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

Tomorrow I will go to my local communities Walk of Heroes where we have inscribed the names of all of those who have served from my community.

I will pay special attention to those from the VietNam War era - my husband, my friends whom I still miss. 

Conversationalist

Veterans

Message 4 of 4

We the Veterans of the Vietnam war had to hide our uniforms, or destroy them before getting back to the states. There has never been such a diservice to veterans as those of us that served at a time of calling. And now today there are all these specials going on for todays veterans that are welcomed home, alive or dead. God bless those of us that served during the Vietnam war, and to hell to those who disgraced us !