The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Thank A Veteran Today

Message 91 of 132 (3,930 Views)

As a fellow vet I want to thank you all for your service.  I don't know the fear of war, but I know about being away from your biological family and your fellow service members becoming almost as close.

Make the best of all your time.  Take advantage of all the opportunities available.  Safe travels and best wishes to all of you.  And Thanks Again for your service!

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 92 of 132 (3,931 Views)

Words cannot express my deeply felt gratitude to all of you veterans, active duty, and reserve personnel for your service! You are heroes, and I encourage you to preserve your stories of service with the LIbrary of Congress Veterans History Project.

Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 93 of 132 (3,869 Views)

Deleted (second thoughts regarding personal photo).

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 94 of 132 (3,880 Views)

As a person who comes from a long line of Veterans I not only want to say Thank You, I want to DO something. I have spent 30 years providing low income, subsidized housing for the elderly and disabled and realized that my waiting lists are full of Veterans primarily Vietnam era and older. I also have Vets from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. They need housing and services. We are in North Texas. I have the land, the plans and will be building a 60 unit apartment complex and create a HOME, not a shelter. We have 2500 homeless vets in the North Texas region. This is disgraceful. On November 18, 2014 I am holding a Veterans Luncheon from 10:00 to 2:00. We have a keynote speaker from Grace After Fire, a local newsman from CBS will be the Master of Ceremonies. We will have a moderated panel of vets talking about some of their varied experiences. If you are in our area please feel free to join us. It is free, Olive Garden is donating 100 meals for lunch. {Edited to the AARPGuidelines} My family is the Pettijohn family and we have veterans that I have records for dating back to the Civil War going through Vietnam, including an uncle who was a POW taken at the Battle of the Bulge in WWII. I could not be more proud or humbled by my family.

Thank you to all of our Veterans and have a wonderful Veterans Day. You have certainly earned it. If any of you who read this are local to Collin County, Tx please come and say hello on the 18th. Thanks, Lee Ann

Info Seeker

Message 95 of 132 (3,886 Views)

Thanks to all our brave men and women of the U.S. Military.  We thank and bless you and your family for all the selfless work you do keeping our Country safe and helping other people in Countries from being oppressed by their inhuman Leaders.. God bless you!

Margaret Robertson

Conversationalist

Re: Thank You

Message 96 of 132 (3,889 Views)
Beautiful stated John!! I salute you too!
Jerry Gonzales, RN, USAF 1967-1971, USA 1984-1998 and Reserves
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 97 of 132 (3,895 Views)

Thanks to all our Military Men and Women both prior and active.  You are the men and women that keep us secure.  I was Air Force for 10 years until I married my boss and had to leave the military but then worked civil service for 15 years and retired.  I know what military means and it's not all apple pie and sweet dreams.  You work hard and deserve more than you get.  Again, Thank You.

Info Seeker

Message 98 of 132 (3,903 Views)

Dear Veteran,

This country would not be free if it was not for your bravery and service. GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE.Heart

Info Seeker

Message 99 of 132 (3,909 Views)

Your service for our freedom truly appreciated. My father fought in WWII and right up until when he passed away he was always ready to shake a fellow vetrans hand if he saw a man or woman wearing a "service ballcap" it didn't matter young or old, he was proud of them all because he knew what he sacrificed and what they were (and what you) willing to do so as well. So I say THANK YOU, on his behalf and mine as well. (Re this picture: Dad is on the right (Elbourne Clark) he was on the Destroyer Earle and on the left is his best friend Jack Ceasar who enlisted with him and was stationed with him throughout WWII, both came back; Dad was the youngest of 4 brothers, all of who served in different Branches and all made it home from the War as well - almost unheard of!  So just know there are those of us out there who say thank you! We are proud of you and if we met you, would shake your hand!

Info Seeker

Message 100 of 132 (3,914 Views)

Thank you for your courage and sacrifice to make us all safer in our own commnities and nation. God bless and keep you and yours well.