Help AARP Foundation Rush Aid to Seniors Affected by Flooding in Louisiana. Give Now

Conversationalist

Re: What's on your pre-travel checklist?

Message 1 of 28 (2,037 Views)
Money, medications and a toothbrush.
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 28 (2,217 Views)

Wow - a great extensive list - I have also traveled quite a bit and I am also a snowbird. I have done just about all of the things you listed.  I also plan menus for meals for the last few weeks that I'm home before leaving for the winter so that I'll use all of the food in the fridge/freezer before I leave.  Several years ago, however, I forgot that I had potatoes and onions in a basket in my kitchen, and did not get rid of them before leaving for the winter.  Needless to say, my home did not smell pleasant when I got home.  I have never again forgotten to check that basket before leaving for an extended time.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 28 (2,236 Views)

There's been lots of good ideas already.  I keep a few lists on my computer.  I have a different list for each; domestic air, international air, domestic drive, camping, and one for house shutdown.  That way, some of the sorting is already done and I don't have to print as many pages to work from.  I also have separated the lists into "pre-travel", "day before departure", and "day of departure".

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 28 (2,237 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 28 (2,276 Views)
Robert, It sounds like you have a magnificent travel checklist! Would you consider sharing so I don't have to start at Square 1? Many of us would be grateful! Or, you could email it to me at: cruise.crazy@gmail.com? Thank you.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 28 (2,278 Views)

It sounds like you have a magnificent travel checklist!  Would you consider sharing so I don't have to start at Square 1?  Many of us would be grateful!  Or, you could email it to me at: cruise.crazy@gmail.com?  Thank you.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 28 (2,335 Views)

As well as all my cards, I take pics of all my OTC meds. If the container doesn't have a pic of the pill on it, I place a pill there.  For prescriptions, I take along tags for each unless the container is tiny.  We're told to take all pills in their containers--I'd have a lot less room for clothes if I did.  I've not been checked on these, but all it would take would be once.

Community Manager

Message 8 of 28 (2,431 Views)

Great tips, everyone!

Topics: 889
Kudos: 10,188

Message 9 of 28 (3,143 Views)

I am going to add a Don't to the list....

Don't post to facebook telling everyone when you will be gone and that no one will be there.. or you may return to find nothing left!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Topics: 889
Kudos: 10,188

Message 10 of 28 (3,145 Views)

Jernewm wrote:

It seems like a lot to do, but I have piece of mind when I travel.

I agree  good list..  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith