Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 31 of 65
In response to "Re: Single Senior Travel":
In Response to Single Senior Travel : Travel with Lufthansa, the world's best organized airline!
Posted by 1651925

Did u ever find anyone? Just seeing this post. I'm a widow also and looking for a travel companion or group who desire the same.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 32 of 65
I am also looking for travel buds.  I'm in Texas & ready to go!  A U.S. trip would be a good start.  Hope to hear from you, Pattie........Jenny      In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
Will you be my travel buddy?  I'm a recently retired speech pathologist. My bucket list includes Indochina (SE Asia), India and the Baltic nations but what do you suggest? I'd also enjoy driving within the US and snowbirding in a warmer state for the winter.  I like cruising.  I've traveled DIY solo.  I've gone on guided tours.  I'm comfy in hostels and 5 star hotels.  I live in Chicago but want buddies from everywhere.  Are you ready to go??? Let's "talk".
Posted by Pattttttie

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 65
I'm also looking for traveling partners. I'm located in Texas but willing to meet up anywhere.  Jenny
Conversationalist

Message 34 of 65
OK, been awhile since been on this site! YES, I am in SC and looking for other women to travel with....just to go to beaches and mountains near to start...be nice to meet and share some adventures...i am an older "hippie" kind of woman....any of you relate?
Info Seeker

Message 35 of 65
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel : I tried Road Scholar for a 18 day trip to Great Britain and was extremely disappointed in the lodging.  As a single, I paid the single supplement and was relegated to horrible rooms that were little more than a closet.  Will never again travel with them.  I've done several trips on my own as a single traveler and have not had any problems.
Posted by smithtexas

Re your comment about Road Scholar: Try Grand Circle Travel. They're associated (or approved by) AARP. Their land trips have no single supplement. Even their river cruises try to accommodate singles with same-sex roommates to avoid the single supplement. I have heard nothing but positive reviews about them, and plan to use them myself.
Info Seeker

Message 36 of 65
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

I'm interested, but only in international travel. Wish to save bucks on the "double occupancy" penalty. Not averse to independent travel. Recently lost my dear wife, and interested only in travel and learning about the places I go.
Info Seeker

Message 37 of 65
Anybody interested in international travel? I can travel in the States alone, but overseas it helps to have a buddy. I am not interested in dating, just travel and learning.
Info Seeker

Message 38 of 65
You should try Elder Hostel....it is now called Road Scholar.  I have done two by myself.  A few women on these trips met each other on one of the trips and continued to travel together.
Posted by sleak13

That's a great organization. I find it, however, a bit pricey in lieu of accomodations and perks that I can eschew. I'd like to meet a fellow traveler who has their own ideas about where to go and what to do.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 39 of 65
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

Hi, I too am looking for traveling partners.  Pattttttie@aol.com.  I'm not sure if your reply will reach me automatically so just address your message to my email.  Thanks.  Pat , Chicago
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 40 of 65
Will you be my travel buddy?  I'm a recently retired speech pathologist. My bucket list includes Indochina (SE Asia), India and the Baltic nations but what do you suggest? I'd also enjoy driving within the US and snowbirding in a warmer state for the winter.  I like cruising.  I've traveled DIY solo.  I've gone on guided tours.  I'm comfy in hostels and 5 star hotels.  I live in Chicago but want buddies from everywhere.  Are you ready to go??? Let's "talk".