Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 21 of 65
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
I live in the NE. Florida area and I am looking for someone who also wants to avoid the single supplements when traveling.   I have a long list of places I would like to see.  I like to cruise and there is a dream future cruise on my list (57 days goes lots of places).  I also am looking at Celebrity in October New England and Canada.  I don't smoke, rarely drink and don't snore. 

I am 80 so you may consider me too old, live in AZ so its a chore getting there but want that cruise and only use Celebrity and Royal Carib. Have both booked for oother places (April & Dec) but would love to avoid single sup. Did you find somone?  Really would like a round trip that includes Quebec.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 65

In Response to Single Senior Travel : Travel with Lufthansa, the world's best organized airline!
Posted by 1651925

thats what Im looking for , Is there anyrecent  posts  about this???

sacramento CA

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 65
Forgot on my last post to say I am a retired, single female.
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 65
I live in the NE. Florida area and I am looking for someone who also wants to avoid the single supplements when traveling.   I have a long list of places I would like to see.  I like to cruise and there is a dream future cruise on my list (57 days goes lots of places).  I also am looking at Celebrity in October New England and Canada.  I don't smoke, rarely drink and don't snore.  I am a very young 66.  The late night and party stuff fled me a long time ago.  I am independent so not looking for someone who needs to do everything together on a cruise. That is not to say that we might want to do the same things!   Please contact me if you want to meet/talk and see if we might plan some fun travels.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 25 of 65
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel : I also live in a small (20.000) and pretty rural midwestern IN town.  I am not traveling much at the moment, but love to do so when I have enough money.  If you live near the Chicago or So. Bend area, we should get in touch.
Posted by paprice46

Hi,  I live in Chicago and would like to get in touch regarding traveling together.  Pat
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 65
Single retired from notheast NJ....looking for someone to travel companion with.....nationwidw/islands first....international in future....msbudd181@gmail.com
sus
Gold Conversationalist

Message 27 of 65
My big hope is to go to Italy perhaps next fall. I almost booked an excursion to Rome, Florence & Venice last year. I was willing to go alone then gained potential travel partners. They backed out for financial reasons and I backed out, too.

I would be interested in meeting other single women who might be interested in such a trip.

I live in NE Florida.
Conversationalist

Message 28 of 65
OK, almost NEW YEAR...looking for some "single" women to travel with...i am in SC....????
Info Seeker

Message 29 of 65
I am a Baby Boomer! We are many, in fact the largest group, and we are well educated. Many of us are willing to spend more (because we have more). We like the best food, never want to feel old, and (deny it whenever we can). Many of us never had children (because we were selfish and didn't want the responsibilities of children. Instead we left legacies. We fought to save the planet, exposed government corruption, protested superfluous wars, brought awareness to the public on the dangerous status of our environment and took on Big Pharma....I could go on but you get the picture.  We ARE different from the previous generation.  We have little in common with anyone older than Paul McCartney.
Anyone out there in my age group?
I live in San Francisco
Maria
Info Seeker

Presenter on senior travel wanted.

Message 30 of 65

Hello, 

I am a Co-Director of a program called Empowering Ethical Elders in NYC. We are a program that is a part of the New York Society for Ethical Culture. Here is a link to NYSEC (http://www.nysec.org/ ).Our program involves a twice monthly presentation to seniors and other interested individuals (i.e.; family and friends, caregivers, etc…). Here is a link to our current schedule (http://www.nysec.org/uploads/24x36%202013%20EEE%20final3.pdf). We are looking for someone to do a presentation on travelling for seniors. We’ve done this in the past but the presentation was pretty much limited to cruises. We’re looking for something broader (travelling alone, adventure travel, backpacking, hostelling, working and travelling, long term nomadic travel, etc…). My cell # is 917-747-8992.

Thanks,

Mark (Zilberman, LCSW)