Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: How to Plan a Celebration Vacation

Message 1 of 16

Celebrated by 60th in La Jolla, California with 11 friends.  Read about it here: http://ediblephoenix.ediblecommunities.com/food-thought/gathering-big-six-oh

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 16

We had a splendid 94th birthday for my Dad on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. We saved up Wyndham Club points and got a very nice 2bdr/2bth suite overlooking a beautiful waterfall. At his birthday dinner the local band sung "Happy birthday" in the Hawaiian language.  I haven't seen my Dad that joyful in awhile. It was truly a magical trip!

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 16

In 2007 my friend Annie and I celebrated 20 years of friendship, her turning 50 and myself 60 by taking an Alaskan cruise.  It was the best vacation.  It was so great that I ended up moving to a place in Alaska located 60 miles north of the Artic Circle for a few years!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 16

So I wanted to celebrate my play advocacy work and I thought back to the family owned vacation resort, Capon Springs Farm in West Virginia. I decided to send myself on a three day celebration vacation to Capon. Visit www.caponsprings.net This resort is like going back in time. There is only one television in the entire resort. There are tons of things to play for people of all ages; badminton, hiking, fishing, playing tennis, golf, swimming, shuffle board, table tennis and you can go inside and play board games, card games and play with puzzles. You can relax and read in the comfortable library. A bonus is all the meals are home-cooked and prepared fresh daily. I played to my hearts content, I celebrated by swinging on their swings, played tennis with families I met during my celebration vacation, I swam in their spring fed pool and I enjoyed myself. The Manager, Jonathan discovered what I do for a living and decided to invite to come back to Capon to hold Playful Adventure Outings with guests. I have been going back to Capon annually with several family members and friends to hold these Playful Adventures. I urge people looking for a fun place to celebrate a vacation to consider going to Capon. In the mean time check out www.letsplayamerica.org and let me know how I can help you play. Pat Rumbaugh, The Play Lady theplaylady@gmail.com

PS Everyone deserves to play.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 16

Hi,

The trip is interesting to me. If you kindly send me the itinery at yog14161@gmail.com

I will appreciate your help. 

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 16

To celebrate my husband's 60th, we (me, my husband, our three kids and spouses/significant others) rented a house in Iceland and spent a week exploring together. Best trip ever.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 16

I was freaking out about turning 70.  Couldn't make up my mind whether to ignore it, get drunk or climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.  My travel buddy took me to to the Arctic.  I did the Arctic Plunge.  I will never turn 70 again and I will never jump into the Arctic Ocean again either.  How cold was it?  There are appropriate epithets for that description. Use your imagination.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 16

For my 50th birthday my late husband and I flew to Portland, OR and drove a rental car the length of the West Coast.  That was the best vacation ever.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 16

No, I can’t say I have ever done that.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 10 of 16

I had always wanted to see the Norwegian coast. Around the beginning of the year of my 60th, I discovered a cruise was leaving on my birthday for a Norway coastal voyage all the way to the North Cape. My wife and I and her sister and brother-in-law booked the cruise. It was leaving from Southampton, England, so we flew to London to catch the ship. The cruise was 12 days long. The fjords are incredibly beautiful. I now think of Norway as Switzerland with an ocean.