AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: "The Collection" on PBS

Message 1 of 6 (16 Views)

I didn't start to watch this one as I have other shows I want to watch that are on at the same time. Some nights there is a gold mine of good shows and other nights, eh.  N.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (75 Views)

This looks really good.  I have not seen it yet but will def check it out on the PBS site!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)

I have it on DVR and may watch it tonight. It sounds very interesting.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (139 Views)

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I wish these shows were on earlier in the evening! Smiley Sad

Yes, so do I.  It usually means I have to play "catch-up" later and watch the video on the PBS website.  No matter...it's a good afternoon break!  Woman Very Happy

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 6 (145 Views)

I wish these shows were on earlier in the evening! Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

"The Collection" on PBS

Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

Did anyone catch "The Collection" on PBS following "Poldark" last Sunday night?  (10-8-2017)  What do you think???

It's something of a mystery, set in post-war Paris.  The clothes are fascinating.  There is a lot of B&W photography, a lot of "stop-action" and still shots, as well as the use of symbols and color.  The first episode uses a lot of green in the midst of the black & white...does it represent money...or the scramble to rebuild after the war?  Red shows up several times...anger?  Violence?  Murder?  The Sabines are a strange family and yet there's a closeness among them...very complicated individuals.  I'm hooked...both for the fashion and the circuitous storyline unfolding.  I'd love to hear what you have to say!  ~ Mimi

About the Show 2017

"World War II is over and Paul Sabine is restoring Paris as the fashion capital of the world. His dresses are a sensation, and only his shady past and an inconvenient
corpse block his way to success. Dressing up was never so dazzling—or dangerous.

The Collection is a story about the price of success, set during a pivotal moment in France’s history."

"The cast and creator of The Collection introduce you to the stylish, mysterious world of the post-war Paris fashion scene. The Collection starts Sunday, October 8th, 2017 at 10/9c on MASTERPIECE on PBS.   #TheCollectionPBS"

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/the-collection-s1-behind-the-masks/

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.