AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Which American TV series do you consider the 'best'?

Message 1 of 127

Can't just say one

The Avengers original show

The Honeymooners.  

Seinfeld

The  X Files

Sex in the City

The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd

Koljack

The Twilight Zone

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 127

I watched all the British comedies on PBS. It was one of the things got me into British TV. Now I watch their mysteries as well. I record a lot of the shows so I will have something to watch when only junk is on. I watch other TV as well but sometimes I would rather see something else even with cable. I am retired but I have a very active dog and 5 acres of land which keeps me pretty busy, so I don't watch as much TV as I probably would  like. 

Message 3 of 127

I like all of your picks but for some litehearted viewing I watch the American Pickers on the History channel. I also like Jay Leno's Garage,  This Old House,  to name a few. 

Message 4 of 127

Longmire is the reason I got Netflix. I hate it is coming to an end. I hope to see another modern day cowboy of it's quality. 

Message 5 of 127

Hell On Wheels was my favorite show of all time. The Good Wife was next. Now I can't miss Crown of Throns. Their are and have been so many shows I enjoyed it is hard to praise just one as the best . I have watched Gunsmoke, PerryMason, StarTreck,Hawaii 5 Oh, to Antique Roadshow just to name a few. Every time I read someone's post I remember another show I liked. At 72 years of age,just too many to remember. 

Message 6 of 127

I love MASH because it was so funny and I was in a MASH unit in the Army from 1968 to 1970. The movie cracked me up too. Gunsmoke was another all time favorite. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 127

Way to hard to pick just one.  My favorite three, in no particular order, are Shaded of Blue, Blacklist and This is Us.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 127

Definitely Frazier and The Golden Girls. Never tire of them. Over and over. Normally I hate repetition, but not the shows that I like. My room and my T V and the shows that I like equal total bliss.

Not anti-social either! Watch football, soccer, and baseball with the family frequently. Sports is a new passion though, thanks to grandsons! Basketball too! 

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 127

Love all the Law and Orders too. Blue Bloods lately. Going to try Grace and Frankie. Love the cast you mentioned.

Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 127

Can't find the book "Peyton Place."  Have looked in used bookstores.  Probaby Amazon.  "Peyton Place" then was what "Desperate Housewives" is now.