The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 21 of 187 (160 Views)

@nyadrn - Not commenting on the individuals coming back, but If there are so many ways to get around the whole concept of eliminating performers, all it does is make the various elimination rounds & all the built-up excitement slightly ridiculous, and drag out the show longer (OK, maybe that's the producers' goal).

I hope it doesn't go the way of "American Idol", where they kept inflating the show with everyone commenting on everyone else.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 22 of 187 (147 Views)

@catwoman500  @MaVolta  @ASTRAEA The Coaches couldn’t let them go - these artists are coming back next week for #VoicePlayoffs! Watch the special three-day event Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Lucas Karli Natalie and one more

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 23 of 187 (142 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

The steals usually end up going home, and are often up against against a more proven singer. But that is not always the case. They have had steals in the finals, and Craig Wayne Boyd was a 2-time steal that ended up winning the show. It really does give an artist a second chance, or even a third. 

I think that coaches create pairings for different reasons. Sometimes it's to compare similar styles, or voice types, or people in the same genre or lane. Generally speaking, I believe that the coaches have a good idea which artists are going to win, and outcomes are mostly expected. However, there are times when someone steps out and does the unexpected, or works hard and gets stronger. Maybe the performers are really an even match. The steal does make it a possibility to reward both of them.

The longer an artist can stay on the show, even by a steal, it gives them one more performance, a little more experience, and a chance to learn a little more about themselves as an artist. 

Anyway, my two cents on the steals.

Ok you are right but they still aggravate me and I find it somewhat unfair to the others.  Anyway on with the show.  And guess what.  Speaking of coming back, there is more in store

Message 24 of 187 (159 Views)

11/7 show

First of the 3 knockout rounds was Team Jennifer’s Chris vs Katrina. Chris is one of my top 2 and Katrina was on my list, too, but I was glad Chris won. Both I thought were amazing, but she had to keep Chris. I felt bad for Katrina.

Blake’s Megan vs Red: Red was on my list and this seemed like no contest.

The last contest was weird to me. Hannah was on my list and I didn’t even remember who Anthony was. Thought it was odd that Adam chose Anthony knowing Jennifer would take the better artist. I was confused with that choice.  Cat Frustrated N.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 187 (155 Views)

I just now watched the tape of last night's show. Oh my, Chris Weaver!! That was special!!

Red was no surprise in the country category. As we say around here - he's as country as a dirt road! I believe he's got a good shot at the finals.

I thought Hannah did a really good job, and was much better than Anthony. But then, I get why Adam wants to keep on coaching him. Adam also has Emily singing pop. Good of JHud to steal Hannah, I think she earned it.

They have some really good talent going forward - - - and three nights of shows next week!!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 187 (146 Views)

The steals usually end up going home, and are often up against against a more proven singer. But that is not always the case. They have had steals in the finals, and Craig Wayne Boyd was a 2-time steal that ended up winning the show. It really does give an artist a second chance, or even a third. 

I think that coaches create pairings for different reasons. Sometimes it's to compare similar styles, or voice types, or people in the same genre or lane. Generally speaking, I believe that the coaches have a good idea which artists are going to win, and outcomes are mostly expected. However, there are times when someone steps out and does the unexpected, or works hard and gets stronger. Maybe the performers are really an even match. The steal does make it a possibility to reward both of them.

The longer an artist can stay on the show, even by a steal, it gives them one more performance, a little more experience, and a chance to learn a little more about themselves as an artist. 

Anyway, my two cents on the steals.

Message 27 of 187 (150 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Glad you got power back!

I think it's just a function of coaches pairing similar, strong contestants against each other, knowing they're going to have to lose one .. and hoping someone steals them. My guess is that the producers don't want the coaches to try to pair their strongest & weakest performers together, because it wouldn't make for such exciting battles & knockouts .. although it would eliminate the weakest a lot faster. It also wouldn't be as exciting if the coaches have to use their steals .. but don't really want the losers.

@ASTRAEA  Thank you. That was not good.   Guess you are right I am glad the saves are over !!  On with the show!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 187 (154 Views)

@nyadrn - Glad you got power back!

I think it's just a function of coaches pairing similar, strong contestants against each other, knowing they're going to have to lose one .. and hoping someone steals them. My guess is that the producers don't want the coaches to try to pair their strongest & weakest performers together, because it wouldn't make for such exciting battles & knockouts .. although it would eliminate the weakest a lot faster. It also wouldn't be as exciting if the coaches have to use their steals .. but don't really want the losers.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 29 of 187 (154 Views)

Power is back.  Watching the taped show from tonight.  

I have to to say that I don't think they should still be able to steal.  What's the point of the same people just moving around.    

Message 30 of 187 (165 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Sorry to hear about the storm and power outage. Hope all gets restored soon. Are you able to watch anything via internet?

Me too !  Hopefully tomorrow. Yes I did watch some of the performances.  I liked what I saw.  Emily sounded good.  Havnt seen Jon yet.