The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 1 of 187 (33 Views)

@ASTRAEA, I haven't had trouble lately, but a couple of times during the past month I stopped getting notifications of new posts. I checked out my setting and things had been changed without me changing them. I reset them and started to get the info again and then it happened again. Not sure what is going on. I also reported a scam private message that I received a few weeks ago and AARP never responded.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 187 (35 Views)

This is a test; I've had problems accessing/responding to posts in Online Community for a couple of days. I'd get strange technical error messages, which I'd screen-print & send to AARP, asking them to let me know what the problem was .. but of course no one had the courtesy to respond at all!

Is it any wonder we've lost so many regulars here, and newbies don't stick around, when we're treated like that?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 3 of 187 (44 Views)

Team Miley 11/15

I agree that Brooke nailed it with her song and she is so likeable. Glad Miley kept her on the team.

Ack! Karli the comeback artist. Not sure she should do “big” songs that were done by other people so well. Just as she sang Blue Bayou that had been a stand out for Alisan Porter, it’s hard to hear and not compare. Coat of Many Colors is Dolly’s song…no one else can really do it justice, and then to top it off with the butterflies in her hair…Dolly’s signature. Not sure what Miley was thinking with that.

I had nothing vested in Adam Pearce…sound like he was screaming in parts, but what do I know?

I enjoyed Ashland’s performance. Didn’t notice anything off with it.

Moriah was amazing, but I know why Miley felt she must keep Janice. What a powerhouse she is. Maybe she should have kept Moriah and let Ashland go?

So Team Miley is Janice, Ashland, and Brooke.

As of now I only have a top 3: Jon, Davon, and Noah. Not sure who I’d put in a top 5. I still like Red, Keisha, Brooke, Ashland, and Adam C.  N.

Message 4 of 187 (50 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

I enjoyed all of the Team Miley performances. She coached them all very well.

>>

Looking forward to the Lives! This may be one of the most competitive season's that I've seen.

I agree. Lots of talent!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 187 (57 Views)

I enjoyed all of the Team Miley performances. She coached them all very well.

Brooke and Janice were flawless, and so powerful. Miley didn't hesitate moving them forward. I especially liked Brooke's performance of It's a Man's World. She's right up there with Jon and Davon in my book.

Her third choice must have been the hardest one, but  I wasn't too surprised that she went with Ashland, and keeping a country female on her team. I didn't think this was Ashland's best performance as she seemed to struggle a bit with the lower, softer tones, but her big notes were right there.

It's hard to see Moriah go. She's like this little package of dynamite on stage. Miley did a good job of coaching Adam P and Karli. Their performances were both much improved, so honorable mention to them.

Looking forward to the Lives! This may be one of the most competitive season's that I've seen.

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 187 (78 Views)

The Voice is not on until 9:00 pm tonight.

You can watch Survivor first. LOL

Message 7 of 187 (98 Views)

@nyadrn, I'm also glad you guys are watching with me! Cat Very Happy N.

Message 8 of 187 (93 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

Team Adam had a great showing last night. He seemed to challenge each of them in a special way with the songs that he gave them to perform, and I believe that his choices moving forward are all worthy competitors.

Addison's performance of Angel From Montgomery was terrific. She seems to have an instinct for stylizing her vocals.

Jon continues to be my front runner, and apparently a fan favorite. He proved his worth on the Adele song, When We Were Young, showing that he can handle and connect with most anything. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the live shows. 

Adam C also had a good showing with the Joe Cocker hit, Have a Little Faith in Me. I'll bet that Blake is regretting this decision. 

I also liked Emily's performance of Love Song. I thought Adam might keep her, but the others were so good, and they also seem to connect better with the audience. I guess it was a tough choice.

@MaVolta  I agree.  I also liked Emily and I think she might have had it until Addison performed. She was special! but Jon is my number one.  He is so good!  Glad you all are watching with me!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 187 (97 Views)

Team Adam had a great showing last night. He seemed to challenge each of them in a special way with the songs that he gave them to perform, and I believe that his choices moving forward are all worthy competitors.

Addison's performance of Angel From Montgomery was terrific. She seems to have an instinct for stylizing her vocals.

Jon continues to be my front runner, and apparently a fan favorite. He proved his worth on the Adele song, When We Were Young, showing that he can handle and connect with most anything. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the live shows. 

Adam C also had a good showing with the Joe Cocker hit, Have a Little Faith in Me. I'll bet that Blake is regretting this decision. 

I also liked Emily's performance of Love Song. I thought Adam might keep her, but the others were so good, and they also seem to connect better with the audience. I guess it was a tough choice.

Message 10 of 187 (104 Views)

catwoman500 wrote:

11/14 Team Adam

First up was Adam Cunningham and he rocked Have a Little Faith in Me.

Whitney was Adam’s comeback artist and since I had never bonded with her, I was hoping for someone else like Dave Crosby. Whitney sounded off key to me.

Even though Emily was on my starred list, I was not that impressed with her performance last night. The whole first part sounded like a lounge singer’s act to me. The second half was better.

I never bonded with Anthony either.

And then there was Jon…I had tears of joy at this performance. One of my favorite Adele songs, too.

Addison was not on my list, but she sounded great last night.

So, Team Adam…Addison, Jon, Adam C.

My top 3 so far: Jon, Davon, Noah

Tonight Team Miley. Brooke, Moriah, and Ashland are my faves on her team. Wonder who she’ll bring back. Maybe one of the Roses? Katrina or Megan? N.

Another great summary. Thank you. 

Yes. Addison did really well and Adam C as well.  Jon was fab!    Anthony just not there yet and Emily was really good but not for this show I think.  Anyway it was s good night!