Attend AARP's Job Search in the Digital Age Online Workshop, Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 1 of 113 (7 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

nyadrn wrote:

I really liked Brandon. Sorry to see him go. I lost Dave and picked up Mitchell as well.  Those artists under the line can't be moved up?

@nyadrn - The Voice App isn't exactly intuitive, is it? When you hit the "Edit Your Team button", all of the circles start to hop around. I kept poking at them and finally, by accident, moved one of them, and it hopped over a position! Move one circle over the circle you want to exchange and they will trade places. I moved several of mine around after that. However, the app will start you over on "days" everytime you move an artist, even though that person has been there from day one (???). It doesn't matter to me since I'm not tracking my score or anything like that. 

Gee good job.  I will give it a try.  I moved one manually from bottom to top and you are right it gave them a new days total.  I am just doing it for fun so don't care either 😀

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 113 (13 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

I really liked Brandon. Sorry to see him go. I lost Dave and picked up Mitchell as well.  Those artists under the line can't be moved up?

@nyadrn - The Voice App isn't exactly intuitive, is it? When you hit the "Edit Your Team button", all of the circles start to hop around. I kept poking at them and finally, by accident, moved one of them, and it hopped over a position! Move one circle over the circle you want to exchange and they will trade places. I moved several of mine around after that. However, the app will start you over on "days" everytime you move an artist, even though that person has been there from day one (???). It doesn't matter to me since I'm not tracking my score or anything like that. 

Message 3 of 113 (28 Views)

catwoman500 wrote:

There seems to be a pattern here for me…Last night the first 2 battles each had one of my starred artists against an un-starred one and they both were winners, Jennifer’s Davon and Adam’s Hannah. In the third battle, Blake’s Dennis vs Mitchell… during the Blinds, neither seemed to float my boat, but hearing this pairing, it changed my mind on both of them. That was a great sound. So I’m pleased that Blake chose Mitchell and Adam saved Dennis. Mitchell is a cutie! Cat Wink

@MaVolta, During the three “un-heard” battles I also lost Dave Crosby, but out of those 6 artists, he was the only one I had starred during the Blinds. N.

No big surprises.  Mitchell is a cutie.  Dennis has a good voice but needs lots of improvement in his presence and delivery. Hope Adam can help him. 

Message 4 of 113 (29 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

The Battles, part 2 - More wins by mostly the expected.

Nice opener with Davon and Maharasy, but it was Davon all the way. Maha made it a good battle though. Mitchell and Dennis were an interesting combo. Mitchell clearly has the better voice, and some star quality to go along doesn't hurt his chances. Dennis did an admirable job, so I'm glad that he was a steal for Team Adam.

Perhaps the surprise of the evening was Brandon S and Hannah. I do believe that Adam was leaning toward Brandon until Hannah stepped out and upped her game with some powerful vocals that didn't go unnoticed, but then no steal of Brandon.

And of course there were the no-show battles with Dylan over Dave singing Jackson Browne's Doctor My Eyes (would have enjoyed hearing that one  Cat Sad  ); Esra over Rebecca, and Chloe over Illaina, no real surprises there from what little was shown  Cat Frustrated .

Out of that, I lost Dave and replaced him with Mitchell. I had liked Mitchell in the blinds, but then I went a little overboard choosing from Team Miley. Oh well . . . on to the next round.

Message 5 of 113 (44 Views)

There seems to be a pattern here for me…Last night the first 2 battles each had one of my starred artists against an un-starred one and they both were winners, Jennifer’s Davon and Adam’s Hannah. In the third battle, Blake’s Dennis vs Mitchell… during the Blinds, neither seemed to float my boat, but hearing this pairing, it changed my mind on both of them. That was a great sound. So I’m pleased that Blake chose Mitchell and Adam saved Dennis. Mitchell is a cutie! Cat Wink

@MaVolta, During the three “un-heard” battles I also lost Dave Crosby, but out of those 6 artists, he was the only one I had starred during the Blinds. N.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 113 (46 Views)

The Battles, part 2 - More wins by mostly the expected.

Nice opener with Davon and Maharasy, but it was Davon all the way. Maha made it a good battle though. Mitchell and Dennis were an interesting combo. Mitchell clearly has the better voice, and some star quality to go along doesn't hurt his chances. Dennis did an admirable job, so I'm glad that he was a steal for Team Adam.

Perhaps the surprise of the evening was Brandon S and Hannah. I do believe that Adam was leaning toward Brandon until Hannah stepped out and upped her game with some powerful vocals that didn't go unnoticed, but then no steal of Brandon.

And of course there were the no-show battles with Dylan over Dave singing Jackson Browne's Doctor My Eyes (would have enjoyed hearing that one  Cat Sad  ); Esra over Rebecca, and Chloe over Illaina, no real surprises there from what little was shown  Cat Frustrated .

Out of that, I lost Dave and replaced him with Mitchell. I had liked Mitchell in the blinds, but then I went a little overboard choosing from Team Miley. Oh well . . . on to the next round.

Message 7 of 113 (71 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

I thought that some of the pairings were odd in that the singers didn't complement each other. I also suspect that the coaches have a good idea of whom they intend to keep. I'd say it went according to plan, and no real surprises in the outcomes;>>

Good summary!!

love these knock outs but for some of these artists it is a tremendous high/low. Up in getting chosen then dumped.   All part of the game I guess.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 113 (77 Views)

I thought that some of the pairings were odd in that the singers didn't complement each other. I also suspect that the coaches have a good idea of whom they intend to keep. I'd say it went according to plan, and no real surprises in the outcomes; it was just a matter of whether the other artist was deemed worthy of a steal. 

Kathrina had a tough battle going up against a powerhouse like Chris. She was much improved over the blinds, and (IMO) deserved the steal by Blake. I thought that Adam P and Whitney were dead even. Whitney had also improved over the blinds, and not too surprised to see a steal by Miley, though there's not a lot of room for her to grow there. I was not impressed with Noah but maybe JHud can fix that. Keisha just blew him away. 

I thought that Moriah and Shilo had one of the toughest battles, and Shilo was certainly steal worthy, but I'm a big fan of Moriah. She has an amazing range, especially for a 16 year-old. Sooner or later, she will have to contend with Brooke. Brooke has power and control, and may be one of those rare talents with perfect pitch. Her notes always sound clean and pure. I put them at the top of Team Miley.

Message 9 of 113 (80 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Didn't Blake also say something specifically about that last night, where he paired 2 similar (strong) singers together .. saying he wanted to narrow it down to one like that?

Yes. That is what they do. Try and keep one of each of the styles they have.  

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 113 (82 Views)

@nyadrn - Didn't Blake also say something specifically about that last night, where he paired 2 similar (strong) singers together .. saying he wanted to narrow it down to one like that?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!