AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: The Voice Season 13

Message 1 of 254

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - A friend & I had tickets for the New Year's Strauss concert at Lincoln Center, the December after 9/11. It was the first time we experienced "the new normal" security-wise, when attending a public function!

Yes you are right, it is the new normal.   There is heightened security here. Lots of police and other security at Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park and anywhere there are big crowds.   But the public just goes on about their business.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 254

@nyadrn - A friend & I had tickets for the New Year's Strauss concert at Lincoln Center, the December after 9/11. It was the first time we experienced "the new normal" security-wise, when attending a public function!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 3 of 254

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Were you in Manhattan when that bomber accidentally almost blew himself up, at the Port Authority terminal? Were you impacted by heightened security?

@ASTRAEA  Yes we got in Sunday and that happened Monday am   We don’t usually  go to the Port Authority so that was no issue but traffic was backed up for a long time so we stayed away from that area.  They did a good job moving things along.  Thankfully it was one person who mostly injured himself with only minor injuries to a few other people.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 254

@catwoman500 - I hear ya! This season has been topsy-turvy. I never expected Chris and Jon to be out so soon. At least Davon got through to the semi-finals. Brooke is the only one of my early picks to make it to the finals. Chloe and Addison have always been among my favorites, but I had no idea that they would take off the way they did. I believe that their coaches did a great job of selling them to the fans, also.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 254

@MaVolta, I agree that it's better to have each coach represented in the finals. Also agree with you that the ladies (Jennifer and Miley) looked so nice again last night!

This season sure put me in my place as my top 3: Chris, Jon, and last night, Davon were all sent packing. Wow! I have never done this badly at choosing a winner. HA!

Now I'm just hoping Brooke or Chloe wins the whole thing. My money would be on Chloe, but I'm pulling more for Brooke.

I loved all of the "Sing for the Save" performances because I knew the songs!

Also enjoyed the performance by the veteran Voice artists.

Hard to believe it's almost over!

Message 6 of 254

@nyadrn - Were you in Manhattan when that bomber accidentally almost blew himself up, at the Port Authority terminal? Were you impacted by heightened security?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 7 of 254

MaVolta wrote:

nyadrn wrote:

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA  

I enjoyed your comments. I am on my yearly sister trip to NYC and only saw part of the show but loved Addison and Brooke is larger than life.  Pretty sure The top four will include Chloe Addison and Brooke.  ❤️❤️❤️  but we will see!

@nyadrn - Have fun in the city!!

Thank you.  We are 😍

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 254

Yea! Chloe, Addison, and Brooke were all voted safe. I'm really disappointed that Noah didn't get the 4th spot for Team JHud. I like to see each coach represented in the finals, and Noah had been doing really well. It looked as if the country vote might split, but then the votes shifted more to Red. He has done very well, though.  

I suppose Miley can still have some bragging rights to having two former and one current team member in the finals. It probably has served Chloe and Addison well to have been stolen or saved. They may not have broken out the way they did had they all remained on Team Miley, so maybe she did them a favor.

I'm looking forward to the finals now, and hope one of the girls will win the trophy. Go Girls!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 254

nyadrn wrote:

@catwoman500 @MaVolta @ASTRAEA  

I enjoyed your comments. I am on my yearly sister trip to NYC and only saw part of the show but loved Addison and Brooke is larger than life.  Pretty sure The top four will include Chloe Addison and Brooke.  ❤️❤️❤️  but we will see!

@nyadrn - Have fun in the city!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 254

catwoman500 wrote:

12/11 show:

@MaVolta, Yes, I agree with you about the quality of the show last night! And didn’t Jennifer and Miley look lovely?

@catwoman500 - Yes, they did! and again on Tuesday night! They looked very glam!