Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TV Stars We Lost in 2017

Message 31 of 35 (1,358 Views)

Thank you for the post, Sue.  Your post caught my eye & really startled, then saddened me.  We've lost a special one with her.

I loved Mary Tyler Moore, loved her body of work.  I even loved the movie she did with Elvis Presley, "Change of Habit" - found it quite entertaining. Smiley Happy

May MTM rest in peace.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 35 (1,333 Views)

Mary Tyler Moore died this morning of cardiac arrest after she contacted pneuomonia. She was 80.

I remember seeing her in the wonderful movie"Ordinary People" '80. She and Donald Sutherland play a well to do couple who are trying to come to grips with their eldest son,Buck who drowned in a sailing accident. Mary's character,Beth is a cold,hearted mother,who blames her youngest  son,Conrad{played by Timothy Hutton}  for Buck's death.This was a great opportunity for fans to see Mary in a totally different role, knowning she could do drama&comedy convincingly. She was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance. Hutton and director,Robert Redford won Oscars

She starred in her own classic comedy series"The Mary Tyler Moore Show' which ran from '70-'77.She worked at a fictious TV station in Minneapolis as a assistant producer of local news show ,as "Mary Richards'. The actors in this wonderful ensemble were Ed Asner"Lou Grant",Ted Knight"Ted Baxter,Gavin MacLeod"Murray',Betty White,Georgette Engel as Ted's wife and Valerie Harper,Mary's next door neighbor,Rhoda.

Mary won Emmy for Best Actress in Comedy '73,'74,'76

She is now reunited with her 2nd husband,Grant Tinker,who died in Dec'16.They created/co-owned  MTM Productions   R.I.P. Mary,you'll be missed

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Treasured Social Butterfly

TV Stars We Lost in 2017 - Mary Tyler Moore at 80

Message 33 of 35 (1,322 Views)

USA Today: Mary Tyler Moore gone at 80

Mary had a long career on TV, starting on the Dick Van Dyke show in the early 1960s, and then her own show in the 1970s. She also did lots of guest appearances on TV, and did forays into the movies .. being nominated by the Academy as best actress for "Ordinary People".

She struggled for years with diabetes, and it took its toll on her.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 35 (1,051 Views)

Miguel Ferrer died yesterday at age 61 of throat cancer. His best known TV roles were:

"Dr.Garret Macy" in "Crossing Jordan' '01-'07 co starred with Jill Hennessey

"Owen Granger" on "NCIS:Los Angeles"

His parents were late singer,Rosemary Clooney,actor Jose Ferrer. His cousin is George Clooney

Valued Social Butterfly

TV Stars We Lost in 2017

Message 35 of 35 (872 Views)

Actor,comedian,Dick Gautier who best known TV role was "Hymie the Robot" on the spy spoof comedy "Get Smart" died on Sunday at age 85. He appeared on the show from '66-'69

He was in the original cast of the Broadway show,"Bye,Bye Birdie" '60,he played Conrad Birdie,was nominated for a Tony award