Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: TV Stars We Lost in 2017

Message 21 of 35 (2,261 Views)

Actor,Warren Frost died on Fri age 91. His best known TV roles were:

"Dr Will Hayward"on ABC drama"Twin Peaks" '90-'91

"Mr Ross" on NBC comedy'Seinfeld" '92-'98

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 35 (2,321 Views)

@doglover52 - Thanks for posting about Richard Hatch! I didn't know him so much from TV, but from his fight against cancer .. which went many, many years. He became macrobiotic, and was in remission for a long time. When my Mom was diagnosed, she too tried a macrobiotic diet .. so we heard about Hatch's success. It's sad to hear that his cancer returned. Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 35 (2,245 Views)

Actor,Richard Hatch died yesterday age 71 of cancer.His best known TV roles were:

"Insp Dan Robbins' on "Streets of San Francisco" '76-'77,the last yr of the show,he replaced Michael Douglas who had left at end of 4th yr.

His other roles were "Tom Zarek" in update version of "Battlestar Galactia" '04-'09

Hatch should not be confused with the other Richard Hatch,- who was the 1st winner in the reality show'Survivor"

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 35 (1,520 Views)

Irwin Corey,a comedian who claimed he was the world's best known authority on anything,went by the stage name"Professor" died Monday age 102.

His trademark outfit he always wore when he was performing was a long,black coat,string tie and sneakers

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 35 (1,580 Views)

Actor,Mike Connors best known for playing detective"Joe Mannix' on  CBS drama"Mannix'  died on Thurs age 91 of leukemia.The show ran from'67-'75, was one of my favorite detective shows of that era.It was also one of the first shows to have a African American actress,have a leading role on the show. Gail Fisher joined the cast in the 2nd yr played Mannix's secretary,"Peggy'.

Mike is survived by his wife of 67yrs,a daughter&grand daughter

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 35 (1,587 Views)

Barbara Hale who is best known for playing devoted secretary,"Della Street' on classic legal drama, "Perry Mason" died on Thurs age 94. She co-starred with Raymond Burr who played Mason. The show aired from '57-'66 making it one of the longest legal dramas on TV.

She won a best Supporting Actress Emmy in '59.Burr died in '93.

She is survived by her son,William Katt who starred in his own TV show," Greatest American Hero"'81-'83, 2 daughters,Johanna&Juanita 6 grandchildren and 3 great grand-children

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 35 (1,520 Views)

PattyDiane wrote:

doglover52 wrote:

Miguel Ferrer died yesterday at age 61 of throat cancer. His best known TV roles were:

"Dr.Garret Macy" in "Crossing Jordan' '01-'07 co starred with Jill Hennessey

"Owen Granger" on "NCIS:Los Angeles"

His parents were late singer,Rosemary Clooney,actor Jose Ferrer. His cousin is George Clooney

Hearing of this really got to me more than I would have expected, but he was one of those "Hollywood" people where I felt a personal connection.  

When I was a teenager my favorite relative paid a visit.  At the time he was the city attorney for Santa Monica, CA and he always had wonderful stories about the people I read about in the movie magazines.  Rosemary Clooney and Jose Ferrer lived across the street and they often played bridge together.  On this particular visit he told about the baby they just had.  He was able to see the baby for the first time and take a gift just before he left for his visit home to GA.  

He always talked of his friendship with them as something so special that I didn't understand at the time.  It was only later that I realized that these were two of the few people who accepted him and his Native American "houseboy" as the couple they truly were.  Any time I've seen Miguel Ferrer on TV I've thought about my cousin telling me about that beautiful baby.  I recently saw him on an episode of "NCIS LA" and thought he looked very sick, which made me wonder.

A great story.  Thanks for sharing it!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 35 (1,489 Views)

@PattyDiane  Wonderful & moving post, PattyDiane.  Thanks so much for sharing. ☺

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 35 (1,461 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

Miguel Ferrer died yesterday at age 61 of throat cancer. His best known TV roles were:

"Dr.Garret Macy" in "Crossing Jordan' '01-'07 co starred with Jill Hennessey

"Owen Granger" on "NCIS:Los Angeles"

His parents were late singer,Rosemary Clooney,actor Jose Ferrer. His cousin is George Clooney

Hearing of this really got to me more than I would have expected, but he was one of those "Hollywood" people where I felt a personal connection.  

When I was a teenager my favorite relative paid a visit.  At the time he was the city attorney for Santa Monica, CA and he always had wonderful stories about the people I read about in the movie magazines.  Rosemary Clooney and Jose Ferrer lived across the street and they often played bridge together.  On this particular visit he told about the baby they just had.  He was able to see the baby for the first time and take a gift just before he left for his visit home to GA.  

He always talked of his friendship with them as something so special that I didn't understand at the time.  It was only later that I realized that these were two of the few people who accepted him and his Native American "houseboy" as the couple they truly were.  Any time I've seen Miguel Ferrer on TV I've thought about my cousin telling me about that beautiful baby.  I recently saw him on an episode of "NCIS LA" and thought he looked very sick, which made me wonder.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 35 (1,451 Views)

Sorry  didn't see this post.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith