What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Project Runway Season Premier 1/4

Message 1 of 7

I checked out a few of the "All Stars" contestants, and they seemed to be the finalists on "Project Runway" .. which should be a good thing. I'm happy to see that they didn't select them based primarily on the drama they each brought along .. but do you think that was a consideration?

You have to wonder a) how much contestants are "paid" just to be there .. like on other reality series, and b) if they were doing really well after their exposure & being finalists on PR, would they have the time & be able to get away long enough to participate on "All Stars".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 7

ASTRAEA wrote:

Oh; I obviously haven't been keeping up, that "All Stars" is a totally separate spin-off from "Project Runway"! I Have those who've participated in "All Stars" in the past, shown a more developed skill, than when they were originally on PR?

Overall I would say they are more skilled but they also have ego's and sometimes that gets in the way in these group challenges, and it is fun to see some of the one's returning that I liked before.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 7

Oh; I obviously haven't been keeping up, that "All Stars" is a totally separate spin-off from "Project Runway"! I Have those who've participated in "All Stars" in the past, shown a more developed skill, than when they were originally on PR?

Message 4 of 7

ASTRAEA wrote:

What happened to Tim Gunn; is he too busy with his new series? Wasn't Heidi still the host last season (when those annoying twins were contestants); that article refers to Alyssa Milano returning as host. Maybe I'm confused by their terminology; they refer to Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire magazine as "Mentor" .. wasn't Tim Gunn "Mentor" before .. but Nina Garcia (who was E-i-C of Marie Claire before moving to Elle magazine) was a judge, not a mentor (I think). As far as guest judges, most seem to be the usual pool of celebrities who are happy to comment on just about anything (just like us here), but have no real background in clothing design or construction, their strongest suit being that they wear clothes every day (at least some of them).

I'll probably watch a few episodes, and decide how I like the new cast. I liked Zac Posen .. see he's not on the roster this time.

This is an "All-stars"  season..  I should have noted that.

Message 5 of 7

What happened to Tim Gunn; is he too busy with his new series? Wasn't Heidi still the host last season (when those annoying twins were contestants); that article refers to Alyssa Milano returning as host. Maybe I'm confused by their terminology; they refer to Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire magazine as "Mentor" .. wasn't Tim Gunn "Mentor" before .. but Nina Garcia (who was E-i-C of Marie Claire before moving to Elle magazine) was a judge, not a mentor (I think). As far as guest judges, most seem to be the usual pool of celebrities who are happy to comment on just about anything (just like us here), but have no real background in clothing design or construction, their strongest suit being that they wear clothes every day (at least some of them).

I'll probably watch a few episodes, and decide how I like the new cast. I liked Zac Posen .. see he's not on the roster this time.

Message 6 of 7

prass6_allstars__comp-crop
The sixth season of Project Runway All-Stars pits rookies [designers new to the Project Runway All-Stars] vs. veterans [designers who have been on prior seasons of Project Runway All-Stars]. Alyssa Milano returns as host along with judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman [clearly taped before her husband’s exposure for perpetual sexual harassment]. This season’s mentor is Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire. Guest judges for season six include Catherine Zeta-Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Dita Von Teese, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Olivia Culpo, RuPaul and Kelly Osbourne.

https://entertainmentrealm.com/2017/12/20/tv-news-project-runway-all-stars-new-season-premieres-on-j...

Project Runway Season Premier 1/4

Message 7 of 7

The New Project Runway Season premiers tonight.  Are you watching?