AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 11 of 44 (294 Views)

@nyadrn - I like the competitions like "Project Runway" and "Top Chef", as long as the contestants focus on what they're supposed to be creating, and avoid the "smack talk" about other contestants.

Now that I think about it, "The Voice" seems to be the only show where the contestants genuinely seem to like each other, and learning from them .. even when they're competing against them. I can't recall any of them bad-mouthing a fellow contestant. They leave that to the Coaches picking on each other .. LOL!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 12 of 44 (281 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - The link you provided earlier even had a comment in the article about  designers who wasted so much energy watching what others were doing .. "you'd think they would have learned". Margarita's design "got lost" (her words) one episode, because she was so busy watching what Claire was doing. I agree that they should have informed Tim earlier, then gone back to their own work.

But you have to wonder if it's like the other reality shows, in that off-camera producers are asking designers questions .. and for their comments on their competitors .. and those are the usually snarky remarks that show up each episode!

@ASTRAEA  True. It could be that the producers court the drama.  They don't need to. The dhow is good without it. IMHO

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 13 of 44 (283 Views)

@nyadrn - The link you provided earlier even had a comment in the article about  designers who wasted so much energy watching what others were doing .. "you'd think they would have learned". Margarita's design "got lost" (her words) one episode, because she was so busy watching what Claire was doing. I agree that they should have informed Tim earlier, then gone back to their own work.

But you have to wonder if it's like the other reality shows, in that off-camera producers are asking designers questions .. and for their comments on their competitors .. and those are the usually snarky remarks that show up each episode!

Message 14 of 44 (286 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Interesting; did you not like how Michael walked off, or that he told Tim what Claire had been doing?

I think that if they all realized that Claire had been cheating all along, they should have gotten together & informed Tim sooner .. and not during a runway show. I don't like people who cheat.

@ASTRAEA  I did not like how he walked off the runway. They should have told Tim and let him handle it.  

Message 15 of 44 (242 Views)

@nyadrn - Interesting; did you not like how Michael walked off, or that he told Tim what Claire had been doing?

I think that if they all realized that Claire had been cheating all along, they should have gotten together & informed Tim sooner .. and not during a runway show. I don't like people who cheat.

Message 16 of 44 (247 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Did anyone watch this week's episode .. who left?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/project-runway-recap-apos-driving-023223943.html

Michael is out.  I did not like his actions on the runway regarding the twins so I was glad to see him go!

Message 17 of 44 (245 Views)

Did anyone watch this week's episode .. who left?

Message 18 of 44 (275 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Although I don't remember him (because I only watch the series sporatically), that's very, very sad! Smiley Sad I wonder if this will bring more awareness to IBS .. which many of us may not even have heard of, until recent commercials for some medication for it.

Good point. I had no idea it could be that serious!

Message 19 of 44 (273 Views)

@nyadrn - Although I don't remember him (because I only watch the series sporatically), that's very, very sad! Smiley Sad I wonder if this will bring more awareness to IBS .. which many of us may not even have heard of, until recent commercials for some medication for it.

Message 20 of 44 (229 Views)

'Project Runway' Star Mychael Knight Reportedly Dead At 39

Fashion designer and “Project Runway” star Mychael Knight died on Tuesday in a Georgia hospital, according to TMZ and various news sources. Details are still unknown. He was 39.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/17/project-runway-finalist-mychael-knight-dead/