Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 11 of 17 (184 Views)
Project Runway
PROJECT RUNWAYTHURSDAYS AT 9/8C
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 12 of 17 (243 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I didn't watch the "Social Edition" part last night, but I did watch Episode 1 that followed. I think they got it right, letting ChaCha go last night; he seemed very immature as a person & designer. I thought the Buitendorp twins were incredibly annoying, and thought their outfit was trashy .. surely not a Red Carpet look. I would have been happy to have seen them cut last night too!

I loved Kenya Freeman's dress & thought she tied with Deyonte for top honors. I wish the official website included a photo of the designers together with their models/creations, for each episode. One designer had something that looked like a gold poptart, stapled to the model; they got by last night .. but God knows why they weren't on the bottom! I was really disappointed in Batani's design on a plus-size model, and agreed with one of the judges who said they like'd Batani's own outfit a lot better, than what she did for the model.

Who are you most & least favorites?

I loved the show and the variety in sizes and styles.   It was easily ChaCha who had to go and I did not like the twin's outfit nor the other bottom look.  I liked Kenyas look as well.  Beautiful.   I think it will be a good season.  I always thought the designer who never did women's wear did an amazing outfit.  Looking to see more from him.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 17 (251 Views)

I didn't watch the "Social Edition" part last night, but I did watch Episode 1 that followed. I think they got it right, letting ChaCha go last night; he seemed very immature as a person & designer. I thought the Buitendorp twins were incredibly annoying, and thought their outfit was trashy .. surely not a Red Carpet look. I would have been happy to have seen them cut last night too!

I loved Kenya Freeman's dress & thought she tied with Deyonte for top honors. I wish the official website included a photo of the designers together with their models/creations, for each episode. One designer had something that looked like a gold poptart, stapled to the model; they got by last night .. but God knows why they weren't on the bottom! I was really disappointed in Batani's design on a plus-size model, and agreed with one of the judges who said they like'd Batani's own outfit a lot better, than what she did for the model.

Who are you most & least favorites?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 14 of 17 (254 Views)

“Project Runway” Season 16 is expected to feature a huge change in its upcoming episodes, and host Heidi Klum revealed that some designers were far from thrilled about it.

On Aug. 17, the reality TV competition will introduce models of all shapes and sizes – a first in the history of “Project Runway.” While speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Klum shared what the reactions of the designers were when they found out that they would have to dress models of all sizes.

“They kind of went like this, ‘Ah?’ A lot of them actually weren’t too happy about it. But this is the real world. Not everyone is, you know, runway figure or what the runway figure used to be. You have to dress real people, and real people come in different sizes: short, tall, more voluptuous, skinny. There are many of us, and so a real designer needs to know how to do that. So get with it,” she said.

Meanwhile, Lifetime has dropped a promo for the upcoming episodes of “Project Runway,” which showed one of the designers walking out on the host and judges. According to Klum, fans of “Project Runway” need to watch the episode because this was the first time it had ever happened on the show.

http://www.ibtimes.com/project-runway-designers-not-happy-season-16-changes-says-heidi-klum-2579424

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 17 (264 Views)

Thanks for posting about this; I'd watch it just for Tim Gunn!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 16 of 17 (264 Views)

The pre-show starts at 7:00    What they now call the social edition. 

I like this show. Glad it's back.

Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 17 of 17 (263 Views)

Project Runway One Size Does Not Fit All8:00 PM on LIFE 27, 1 hr 32 min 2017 TV-PG

In the Season 16 premiere, the designers must create a red-carpet look that demonstrates their fashion point-of-view, but the real surprise comes when the designers learn they will be working with models of all sizes. Guest judge Olivia Munn joins.