The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 1 of 44 (26 Views)

I watched the finale last night, and can't begin to express my frustration with the judges! They spent the season talking about clothing being ready to wear by real women, then picked a winner whose "concept clothing" even the judges said had to be extrapolated from runway designs to something the average woman could wear! When Kentaro's 1st outfit came out, with some strange black tule "bustle" in front of the dress, I thought it was absolutely horrible. And that red kimono dress that barely covered the model's crotch in front?! I think their choice this season was an affront to all 3 other designers!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 44 (68 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

So last night was the much-anticipated visits by Tim Gunn to the 5 semi-finalists' homes & workshops, to see their collections. What a mixed blessing it was, not paring them down to finalists who would definitely show at fashion week .. each had to put together 10 outfits, but only 2 outfits would be used to judge who'd go on to fashion week!

I honestly thought that only Brandon & Ayana had really cohesive looks. Margarita had a great idea about tropical colors & prints, but her designs were lacking, IMHO.

After all that, the judges decided that only 1 person would be eliminated, so that instead of 2 designers going to fashion week, 4 of them are going .. only Kenya was eliminated. Frankly, I'm just so tired of Kentaro's esoteric designs & sometimes odd explanations, yet he quietly & humbly sneaks thru every week.

I really don't like Margarita. She was back last night talking about the other designers collections. Did she forget she would be gone if not saved by Tim Gunn. Wish she was gone instead of Kenya. 😠

Kentato has real talent but goes off track way too far.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 44 (75 Views)

So last night was the much-anticipated visits by Tim Gunn to the 5 semi-finalists' homes & workshops, to see their collections. What a mixed blessing it was, not paring them down to finalists who would definitely show at fashion week .. each had to put together 10 outfits, but only 2 outfits would be used to judge who'd go on to fashion week!

I honestly thought that only Brandon & Ayana had really cohesive looks. Margarita had a great idea about tropical colors & prints, but her designs were lacking, IMHO.

After all that, the judges decided that only 1 person would be eliminated, so that instead of 2 designers going to fashion week, 4 of them are going .. only Kenya was eliminated. Frankly, I'm just so tired of Kentaro's esoteric designs & sometimes odd explanations, yet he quietly & humbly sneaks thru every week.

Message 4 of 44 (90 Views)

Getting down to the end here.  The finalists present their collections tonight 

Message 5 of 44 (160 Views)

Sometimes I wonder if the producers (is that Heidi?) tell the judges not to be so critical, or at least that they need to say something nice about at least one or two designers. I'm kind of getting tired of Brandon's "hobo chic" every week, that the judges just fall all over, and Kentaro's off white wrap-thing. I can't see half of these things being practical for the average woman .. with strips hanging down & belts here & there.

Message 6 of 44 (164 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Apparently EVERYONE is going to Fashion Week & doing a collection .. what a cop-out!

"Project Runway Season 16, Episode 12 Recap"

This was awful. Margarita should be Gone!   The whole show was below par.  They must be trying to boost ratings or something.  All of them are doing collections then three will show on the runway!  

Message 7 of 44 (172 Views)

Apparently EVERYONE is going to Fashion Week & doing a collection .. what a cop-out!

"Project Runway Season 16, Episode 12 Recap"

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 44 (176 Views)

Gnash .. I watched last night's episode, but then dozed off the last few minutes!! The official website doesn't mention who won the challenge or was eliminated (I don't have the patience to listen to "commentary" on their podcast), and who's going to fashion week.

Message 9 of 44 (181 Views)

Project Runway.

Tonight's show
There's Snow Business Like Sew Business
9:00PM | LIFE
The runway is converted into a Winter Wonderland as the designers are tasked with creating a winter-themed look that will decide who goes to NY Fashion Week and who gets left out in the cold.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 44 (295 Views)

nyadrn wrote:

'Project Runway' Star Mychael Knight Reportedly Dead At 39

Fashion designer and “Project Runway” star Mychael Knight died on Tuesday in a Georgia hospital, according to TMZ and various news sources. Details are still unknown. He was 39.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/17/project-runway-finalist-mychael-knight-dead/

I've not been following the current season of this show, but I certainly remember Mychael Knight as being a designer I thought interesting and promising.

I read the link and have to wonder if his mention of having IBS, irritable bowel syndrome, was incorrect.  From the problems briefly described it sounds much more like he suffered from IBD, inflammatory bowel disease - either Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, more likely Crohn's disease.

While IBS can be uncomfortable and problematic, it usually doesn't lead to life-threatening illness.  IBD can do so suddenly or eventually, in one way or another.