Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Project Runway Season 16 Premier

Message 1 of 17 (114 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

While I could tell that Brandon's outfit was very detailed & meticulously made, I really didn't know what I was looking at in it!

I was glad Deyonte wasn't sent home, since at least part of his problem last night was caused by his accident.

Did you watch the 15 minute "coming attraction" after the show? I think the twins running around, sliding & falling all over, is just dangerous .. not to mention incredibly discourteous & distracting to the other contestants. Shawn is always just borderline making it thru, and Claire's creations fade into the background. Frankly they'd be better on "Fashion Police" than "Project Runway", because they talk a good game a lot better than actually designing well.

Deyonte picked a style and color that did nothing for except detract from his model's appearance.  I thought it was horrible..  and there are more on this season that will be leaving soon.  The twins are irritating and I doubt and I havn't seen anything from them yet.  Yikes.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 17 (157 Views)

While I could tell that Brandon's outfit was very detailed & meticulously made, I really didn't know what I was looking at in it!

I was glad Deyonte wasn't sent home, since at least part of his problem last night was caused by his accident.

Did you watch the 15 minute "coming attraction" after the show? I think the twins running around, sliding & falling all over, is just dangerous .. not to mention incredibly discourteous & distracting to the other contestants. Shawn is always just borderline making it thru, and Claire's creations fade into the background. Frankly they'd be better on "Fashion Police" than "Project Runway", because they talk a good game a lot better than actually designing well.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 3 of 17 (168 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

I thought I missed this week's episode, but checked & was happy to realize it's tonight (Thursday)!! Smiley Happy

Brandon. Fabulous!

Message 4 of 17 (176 Views)

I thought I missed this week's episode, but checked & was happy to realize it's tonight (Thursday)!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17 (197 Views)

Not yet  but I am interested in:

Kentaro

Brandon and

Batani

I didn't think last week's winner was that great Ayana

The twins are interesting 

Message 6 of 17 (211 Views)

@nyadrn - Do you have any favorites yet?

Message 7 of 17 (213 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

Looking at the official website now, listing all the Designers, it reminds me of our complaints about "The Voice" .. that some contestants seem to slip thru the cracks, not getting as much air time during work/rehearsal sessions, or presentations/performances! I think both shows focus more on contestants with "big personalities" (sometimes good, but sometimes bad as well), while the others are left out .. and then can't build a following.

What did you think of last night's "recycling" challenge? I was surprised at how little Sentell did to transform a couple of green trash bags; he deserved to go home .. but the twins continue to be annoying & Shawn's outfit was pretty bad too (2nd week in a row). If they did more & self-analyzed less, they'd both probably have better outfits .. a perfect example of "analysis paralysis."

It's obvious that the judges put "cutting edge" above attractiveness & wearability, when selecting winners. I was really impressed with Kenya's designs last week & this week, but someone with a more edgy design beat her out. I wasn't as wowed by Ayana's fringe outfit, as they were.

I'm with you on the green trash bag dress.. it was terrible and I can't undertand how he did not see that.   Just like every season, there are alot of big personalities that make the show interesting but mainly  I love to see what they can do with these challenges.  So much talent.   

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 17 (223 Views)

Looking at the official website now, listing all the Designers, it reminds me of our complaints about "The Voice" .. that some contestants seem to slip thru the cracks, not getting as much air time during work/rehearsal sessions, or presentations/performances! I think both shows focus more on contestants with "big personalities" (sometimes good, but sometimes bad as well), while the others are left out .. and then can't build a following.

What did you think of last night's "recycling" challenge? I was surprised at how little Sentell did to transform a couple of green trash bags; he deserved to go home .. but the twins continue to be annoying & Shawn's outfit was pretty bad too (2nd week in a row). If they did more & self-analyzed less, they'd both probably have better outfits .. a perfect example of "analysis paralysis."

It's obvious that the judges put "cutting edge" above attractiveness & wearability, when selecting winners. I was really impressed with Kenya's designs last week & this week, but someone with a more edgy design beat her out. I wasn't as wowed by Ayana's fringe outfit, as they were.

Message 9 of 17 (233 Views)

It is hard to remember all the different shows.  I need s grid!  😀

Message 10 of 17 (237 Views)

Thanks for the reminder!