Exclusive Military Offer: Save 20% on Your AARP Membership. Activate Your Membership Today

Topics: 831
Kudos: 9,849

Re: Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?

Message 1 of 24 (674 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

When I was younger,I always looked forward to watching late Tom Synder's show "Tommorrow". he had variety of different guests,sometimes when he got into heated arguments with them  made the show more lively. I was always a David Letterman fan,as I grew older couldn't stay awake to watch many of his shows. I did stay awake for his last show in May,loved it.The final Top Ten List: "Things We Always Wanted to Say to Dave" with Steve Martin,Jerry Seinfeld,Tina Fey,Barbara Walters,Peyton Manning,Alec Baldwin,Julie Louie Dreyfuss,Jim Carrey,Chris Rock and Bill Murray was funny except for Jim Carrey. I do like Jimmy Fallon's humor Sue

If The Soup qualifies as a talk show  than Joel McHale should be on the list.. he is really funny and the show is great!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 24 (679 Views)

When I was younger,I always looked forward to watching late Tom Synder's show "Tommorrow". he had variety of different guests,sometimes when he got into heated arguments with them  made the show more lively. I was always a David Letterman fan,as I grew older couldn't stay awake to watch many of his shows. I did stay awake for his last show in May,loved it.The final Top Ten List: "Things We Always Wanted to Say to Dave" with Steve Martin,Jerry Seinfeld,Tina Fey,Barbara Walters,Peyton Manning,Alec Baldwin,Julie Louie Dreyfuss,Jim Carrey,Chris Rock and Bill Murray was funny except for Jim Carrey. I do like Jimmy Fallon's humor Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 24 (682 Views)
The American talk show hosts are insufferable. My vote is for Graham Norton in BBC America
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 24 (1,321 Views)

have 100 discs with old time radio shows on them.  Listen to them to go to sleep at nights cause that's what i did as a kid and my parents had the radio on.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 24 (1,427 Views)

Kelly Rippa & Michael Straihan,  Ellen,  Jimmy Fallon

Johnny Carson was the greatest.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 24 (1,432 Views)
J like listening to his spiel.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 24 (1,445 Views)

None. Talk shows are boring.

It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government.
Alexander Hamilton
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 24 (1,451 Views)
Kelly Rippa
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 24 (1,458 Views)

I absolutely love Craig Ferguson.   I`m sad that he`s leaving!!!    I would have to say that Jimmy Fallon & Jon Stewart would be my second favorites, & then Jimmy Kimmel.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 24 (1,466 Views)

No one will ever beat Johnny Carson.  He had wonderful guests with whom he could draw out a conversation, didn't talk over, or finish people's sentences before they did.  Yep, the old ones were the best.