readers and tablets

Caring for loved ones?

Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Entertainment & Leisure

Gold Conversationalist
menschmedia

Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?

It's late at night - you've stayed up to watch your favorite talk show host - for me it's Jon Stewart - with his wacky take on the news - 

but in years past I've watched David Letterman - 

and I was never able to watch either Carson, or his heir Leno, and have no idea in the world why that is...

Who are your favorites? and Why??
Please use plain text.
Retired Moderator
AARPBetty

Re: Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?

How about these?     Do you remember any of them??

Old Time Radio Shows

Some of us remember when there wasn't any TV!! Shocking, huh?
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
mountaintop60

Jon Stewart and Bill Maher are my favorites.....comedy with intelligent discussions of current events.
Please use plain text.
Silver Conversationalist
cherrique

Right now I like David Letterman.  He says what it thinks, popular or not.  He has good guests, ie. Chris Christie.  I especially liked when Conanwas on, considering their common experince with Jay Leno.  It was classic!  As for Leno, I liked him as a sub for Johnny Carson, but found him hard to take on a nightly basis. Tongue out Of course Carson is the gold standard.  No one has ever compared to him. Smile
Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
vegaspeach

In Response to Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?:
It's late at night - you've stayed up to watch your favorite talk show host - for me it's Jon Stewart - with his wacky take on the news -  but in years past I've watched David Letterman -  and I was never able to watch either Carson, or his heir Leno, and have no idea in the world why that is... Who are your favorites? and Why??
Posted by menschmedia

Chelsea Lately is always good
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
upson1always

In Response to Re: Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?:
Personally, didn't watch too much of the past.  But after Carson... and currently... hate them one and all. And the worst thing is not only do they have to relate everything to sex -- what they pass off and applaud as music keeps me definitely away.
Posted by richenry2009

I really enjoyed Carson, it was a funny show; I don't hate the ones now, they're just not funny. Why they get paid so I don't have a clue.
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
SueZQ92

In Response to Favorite talk show hosts... who are yours now? what about in years gone by?:

It's late at night - you've stayed up to watch your favorite talk show host - for me it's Jon Stewart - with his wacky take on the news -  but in years past I've watched David Letterman -  and I was never able to watch either Carson, or his heir Leno, and have no idea in the world why that is... Who are your favorites? and Why??
Posted by menschmedia

In the past my very favorite host was Johnney Carson.  He was the funniest and had the quickest wit!  His comeback lines were always hilarious.

My favorite host now is Jimmy Fallon.  I'm so happy that he will be the new host of the Late Night Show in February.  He's not only adorable to look at but he's soooo funny!  I didn't watch SNL so I didn't know him until his late night show.

Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
gary1514

Jane Pauley when she was host of "Today"   From the beginning until she was cast aside for Debra Norville.  BIG mistake that was.  I stop watching Today and haven't returned.  GMA is the morning go-to-show.   Watching weekday morning was the morning routine.  Her interactions with Bryan Gumbell and Tom Brokaw, etc. was great.  

Glad she's now joined CBS'  "Sunday Morning".

Thanks,

Gary

Please use plain text.
nyadrn
Topics: 284
Kudos: 6,177

gary1514 wrote:

Jane Pauley when she was host of "Today"   From the beginning until she was cast aside for Debra Norville.  BIG mistake that was.  I stop watching Today and haven't returned.  GMA is the morning go-to-show.   Watching weekday morning was the morning routine.  Her interactions with Bryan Gumbell and Tom Brokaw, etc. was great.  

Glad she's now joined CBS'  "Sunday Morning".

Thanks,

Gary

Hi and welcome Gary!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
co2531

Johnny Carson and Carol Burnett

Please use plain text.